swine flu

Muz, that's what I'm arguing! There's word by right party members that all this is a hype by Obama to inflate his presidency...What a joke.

well thats a joke , Obama made the possible flu epidemic sureley wanting to fix the economy would come far far higher up the list of things to "inflate a presidency" and a flu pandemic isnt going to fix the economy thats for sure ,

anyway yes until there is much more data available i dont think the risk is as big as they are making out , for instance 40 people infected tells you nothing really , the data that is more usefull is how many people have been in contat with this virus and fought it off because surely if this virus was quick enough to warrent the WHO upgrading the risk of pandemic status i would have expected a wider spread of deths and more data about the ratio of Infected people : Deaths before making any rash decisions about courses of action . Especially at the moment because of the fragile state of the world economy the last thing we want to be doing is wasting money on false alarms when it comes to this

Muz, there's 6 confirmed cases in Canada in the swine flu with many more unconfirmed, as well as 45
confirmed cases in the US.
Your point being ?
unconfirmed cases do not count because as you said it is unconfirmed
But that proves nothing , 6 cases and even 45 are not a very many number of cases and without data as i mentioned before to calculate a ratio of people infected to people killed i think people are getting worried a little too soon lets just look at it this way , lets say 1000 people in canada have been exposed to this virus and only 6 have actually shown symptoms that IMO is a very good infection to exposure ratio seeing as only 6 have shown symptoms and so far none of them has died of the virus , not sure about canda but i know that in america people infected are also responding well to treatment , i have seen no suggestions which suggest anybody outside of mexico who has been infected are sufferent severely all of them have been reported as mild cases
hell theres 2 confirmed cases in the UK but you dont see me worrying

This better not mess with international travel from Canada!
well one person from canada actually has been tested in the UK but test returned negative (they where in fact visiting the city i live in )

Pork food is OK to eat for 2 reasons:
  1. Pork meat is checked for diseases before being manufactured.
  2. Viruses die with heat. When you cook bacon the viruses, if any, are killed.
This time of the year is when a lot of people get allergies. You shouldn't stop your everyday life because of it. If everyone did that the economy would shut down. You can't afford that during a recession. The best advice is not sneeze and cough on others. Keep your hands clean.

Yes MOST viruses die with cooking it in heat but do not apply this to all food. Most toxins in fish, fungi, and some meats can NOT be cooked out, froze out, detected by taste or smell. Some common examples are scromboid poisoning, Ciguatera fish poisoning, Amnesic shellfish poisoning, and any shroom that is contaminated prior to and during the cooking process. Just FYI.

Yes MOST viruses die with cooking it in heat but do not apply this to all food. Most toxins in fish, fungi, and some meats can NOT be cooked out, froze out, detected by taste or smell. Some common examples are scromboid poisoning, Ciguatera fish poisoning, Amnesic shellfish poisoning, and any shroom that is contaminated prior to and during the cooking process. Just FYI.

I was watching tv all day and they said that you can not get this from eating pork.

Like the OP has said, the only thing you really have to worry about is being in close contact with the person. I highly doubt it'll make it through the food flow.

Like the OP has said, the only thing you really have to worry about is being in close contact with the person. I highly doubt it'll make it through the food flow.

I honestly would be more worried about water then I would the whole pork situation..

Back
Top Bottom