swine flu

look at this page:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_swine_flu_outbreak

tell you that so far 46 people died of confirmed swine flu, (I know that's out of date now?)

anyway...

just to give you an idea of how much hype this is...

in the UK more people were hospitalised, (and more people died) after being vaccinated against flu than have caught, or died from flu in this 'pandemic'
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/a...e-die-123-hospitalised-given-flu-vaccine.html

I don't ave a link to this information, but it was said in either a radio or TV article.

in the UK more people die from regular Flu outbreaks in a harsh winter than have been affected by this flu world wide.

Pandemic is just a word, it means that the infection has spread worldwide, it doesn't carry any connotations of death, or that you;re likely to catch this flu. just that there are known cases of the virus across many countries.

do you guys notice, go on to www.cnn.com and look around, you wont find anything about swine flu up in front LOL its not interesting anymore now that there saying its not that deadly... stupid news company's blowing stuff out of proportion....

heart disease and food poisoning kill more people then swine flu.....

stop food poisoning and stop polluting, you'll save more people!

Well, at our americorps meeting today, they talked about this. They said 1600 people have gotten it in the USA now. That is a decent number, but still... It will go away soon I think.

With the coming of summer in the U.S., I think swine flu will go away.

The unfortunate thing is that it will go south for the summer (their winter) and mutate. My only fear is that it will mutate and turn into a truly killing disease that cannot be fought without a vaccine. However, that is why I am glad we have scientists working on a vaccine. I just hope they can have one ready by August/September in case the worse should happen this fall.

Theres now a case in North Weald.. about 5 mins from my house..

Im not really buying into the hype of all this.. just scaremongering IMO..

Something to not totally ignore... nor is it cause for all out panic either, as probably many of you have already thought.

Back
Top Bottom