swine flu

just got a call from my schools automatic messaging system saying twice a day we must wash our hands with this special cleaner the whole class in front of the teacher

That is stupid. I'm sure they can't actually make you. What state are you in?

Yeah, that what I do. Here's what I posted earlier.

Top 5 things to have when zombies attack!!!!!! by William

Safehouse with Unlimited Ammo and Supplies, Shotgun, Jericho Pistol, Chaingun/ mg42 with unlimited ammo, and m32 grenade launcher with unlimited grenades.

The only way you can have unlimited ammo is if your safe house happens to be a munitions factory attached to the mines where you get the raw materials. LOL

unless IDKFA works

The only way you can have unlimited ammo is if your safe house happens to be a munitions factory attached to the mines where you get the raw materials. LOL

unless IDKFA works

Well yes. Or just a massive safe-room like storage house with enough ammo to kill all infected.

You all need to relax. This is really much ado about nothing:

Scientists see this flu strain as relatively mild

As the World Health Organization raised its infectious disease alert level Wednesday and health officials confirmed the first death linked to swine flu inside U.S. borders, scientists studying the virus are coming to the consensus that this hybrid strain of influenza -- at least in its current form -- isn't shaping up to be as fatal as the strains that caused some previous pandemics.

In fact, the current outbreak of the H1N1 virus, which emerged in San Diego and southern Mexico late last month, may not even do as much damage as the run-of-the-mill flu outbreaks that occur each winter without much fanfare.
"Let's not lose track of the fact that the normal seasonal influenza is a huge public health problem that kills tens of thousands of people in the U.S. alone and hundreds of thousands around the world," said Dr. Christopher Olsen, a molecular virologist who studies swine flu at the University of Wisconsin School of Veterinary Medicine in Madison.
"We expect to see more cases, more hospitalizations, and, unfortunately, we are likely to see more deaths from the outbreak," Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius told reporters Wednesday on her first day at work.

But certainly nothing that would dwarf a typical flu season. In the U.S., between 5% and 20% of the population becomes ill and 36,000 people die -- a mortality rate of between 0.24% and 0.96%

EDIT - 5/01/2009:

Tonight's breaking news:

Swine flu may be less potent than first feared

The swine flu outbreak that has alarmed the world for a week now appears less ominous, with the virus showing little staying power in the hardest-hit cities and scientists suggesting it lacks the genetic fortitude of past killer bugs.

President Barack Obama even voiced hope Friday that it may turn out to be no more harmful than the average seasonal flu.

In New York City, which has the most confirmed swine flu cases in the U.S. with 49, swine flu has not spread far beyond cases linked to one Catholic school. In Mexico, the epicenter of the outbreak, very few relatives of flu victims seem to have caught it.

A flu expert said he sees no reason to believe the virus is particularly lethal.

I heard some local schools are closing... is this happening by any of you? I really hope ours doesn't... Only like 3 weeks left, and my job is at the school over the summer...

Mines not closed.
They better not close my school, Its pretty much Finals Week, and I need to turn in some work to raise my grade.

Mines not closed.
They better not close my school, Its pretty much Finals Week, and I need to turn in some work to raise my grade.

Same here. I don't want my school to be closed. But one just a county away from me got closed because of a confirmed case. :(

They are overreacting to a simple flu. There have been 226 cases in the U.S. and guess what? The only one to die was some kid that came in from Mexico.

I agree the feds are over-doing this at the moment. I'm not scared at the moment. I just hope it doesn't come back in full force (possibly more deadly and mutated) this fall when flu season starts back up.

3485392786_81a2b339e1.jpg

(From Charles...)

Back
Top Bottom