Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 04-29-2009, 08:15 PM   #101
Fully Optimized

Default Re: swine flu

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ-CHRIS View Post
Big doesn't mean good immune system. Infact it's easier to kill big people virally because theirs more stress on certain body parts.

However, here's the interesting part about the H1N1 virus that nobody appears to be mentioning. It targets the strongest people. Death is caused by an overreaction of the immune system, people that have weak immune systems recover from it, while healthy people end up dyeing.

http://www.nowpublic.com/health/swin...s-killing-tips
Now this scares me.

XPEX Vortex 3620 Mid Tower, Rosewill 450 Watt PSU, MSI P6N SLI Platinum 650i, Intel Celeron D 356, 2GB G.SKILL DDR2 800, Western Digital 40GB, (2) EVGA 7950GT 256MB Video Cards in SLI, HP DVD Multi-Burner, Windows XP.
63083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 08:18 PM   #102
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to DJ-CHRIS Send a message via MSN to DJ-CHRIS Send a message via Yahoo to DJ-CHRIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy146 View Post
When a virus pandemic like this comes along, this is what i like to do:

1. Buy M16A2 and 2000 rounds off black market
2. Stock apartment with 6 months of food
3. Fortify apartment
4. Shoot infected in head

Works wonders for situations like this
Why an M16A2? Much nicer to have a fully automatic weapon. M16's are also waaay too long to properly manouver in buildings with the long stock and 20" barrel. No good for zombies unless your in a big field. Not to mention the entire design is overly prone to weapon jams.

DJ-CHRIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 08:24 PM   #103
Fully Optimized

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ-CHRIS View Post
Why an M16A2? Much nicer to have a fully automatic weapon. M16's are also waaay too long to properly manouver in buildings with the long stock and 20" barrel. No good for zombies unless your in a big field. Not to mention the entire design is overly prone to weapon jams.
Yes this is why the army has been using them for years..
vampist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 08:27 PM   #104
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to Rubber314Chicken

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampist View Post
yea, but how often in buildings? not much.
Old 04-29-2009, 08:38 PM   #105
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to DJ-CHRIS Send a message via MSN to DJ-CHRIS Send a message via Yahoo to DJ-CHRIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampist View Post
They are using them because back in Vietnam the AR-15 design was the best that fit the caliber the army wanted to use, and long barrel length's aren't too bad in a forest. They are easy to control as well, I'm a small guy and I have no problem controlling a C7A1 (Colt manufactured version of M16A2 for Canadian service with full auto and top rail instead of carry handle) on fully automatic fire. However even firing a few rounds out of an AR-15 / M16 design leads to carbon everywhere in the rifle.

But in recent years, the US military noticing the design flaws has made some changes.

1: Many people in the US military are issued M4 variants with shorter barrels and foldable stocks, to be more friendly in urban environments. M4's also have fully automatic capability's as well.

2: The US military is using different weapons for it's special operations group and even some normal groups. The HK-416 is starting to be used as well as other weapons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubber314Chicken View Post
yea, but how often in buildings? not much.
Actually they are used in buildings quite a lot. It's not like most people carry around multiple firearms for use in different situations. It's what you have, make it work.
DJ-CHRIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 09:49 PM   #106
Fully Optimized

I like the sound of a zombie uprising.
XPEX Vortex 3620 Mid Tower, Rosewill 450 Watt PSU, MSI P6N SLI Platinum 650i, Intel Celeron D 356, 2GB G.SKILL DDR2 800, Western Digital 40GB, (2) EVGA 7950GT 256MB Video Cards in SLI, HP DVD Multi-Burner, Windows XP.
Old 04-29-2009, 10:06 PM   #107
In Runtime

Send a message via MSN to shanaya Send a message via Yahoo to shanaya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanatic4Christ View Post
actually the flu lasts from about 2 - 3 weeks sooo ehh a little bit longer than you think... the medicine is just to stop it from spreading... this is pretty serious because it can cause death.. all's im saying is please warn everyone around but dont say "IT'LL KILL U" just say it has a current death percentage of 6% so far.. (my own rough estimate) and if anyone has a cold or flu.. STAY AWAY FROM THEM lol and if u have it... u need to stay away from your family so u dont put them threw a possibility of death!
You have got to be kidding me! It has been reported that only 7 have died in Mexico, according to the WHO.
shanaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 10:31 PM   #108
Fully Optimized

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanaya View Post
You have got to be kidding me! It has been reported that only 7 have died in Mexico, according to the WHO.
Try 150 in the global media spotlight. 150 or so out of 2,000 reported cases is a significant number.
Old 04-29-2009, 10:42 PM   #109
Fully Optimized

Great some are in my tri state area

PA New Jersey and Delaware
Old 04-29-2009, 10:52 PM   #110
Golden Master

Send a message via MSN to superman22x Send a message via Yahoo to superman22x

Apparently some kid was texting his friends before school today saying he had Swine Flu. Word got the the principal just before the first bell, and he called him down to the office. Put a glove on and asked to see his phone. When the kid didn't have it, he called his mom in and made him leave until he came back with a doctor's note saying he was clean.