SWEET! Crysis DX10 Graphics in XP!!

Ð88

Fully Optimized
I just came across this and it really works. I tested it about 5 minutes ago. It's a really simple modification. Once you modify some files you get near DX10 graphics (or basically turned on the "very high" settings). Haha take that Vista!

Check it out: http://maxcrysis.com/dx10unlock.php

And trust me, the game looks waaay better!

Changed my mind...the game doesn't really look "waaay better" as I stated. My advice is, don't bother with these modifications. As Kage noted, you only lose more on the end of lower frame rate rather than gaining lots on the visual quality.

Has anyone else tried this? I may do, but from the images on the site, I'd be hard pushed to figure out the difference. Maybe the water looks...slightly more bumpy?

EDIT:

Tried it. It doesn't do any damage at least.

I get a lower FPS...don't know what that means, but in terms of visuals, I can't tell the difference. Texture quality stays the same, as does the water. It just looks slightly sharper.

yeah ignore those pictures, i cant tell the difference between them either. What i noticed immediately was the lighting effects. They are a drastic improvement over high settings. And the fact that it looks sharper is due to the increase in visual quality. Smoke and explosion effects are also a lot more seamless.

And ok, it does lower the FPS. That is the only reason I will revert back to the old settings. I think I might just change the lighting effects to more detail only cause that's what I like the most.

edit - upon further inspection of the changes, i am actually going to change my verdict. I reverted back to the old settings as I said I would and now I don't notice a difference?? Was it all in my head? Either way, frame rate is back up and im happier with leaving it as is.

Back
Top Bottom