Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 01-16-2009, 06:33 PM   #11
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to _-..zKiLLA..-_
Default Re: SWEET! Buggy time (long)

Quote:
Originally Posted by superman22x View Post
You are using the engine out of the Civic? How about like an older aluminum? There is an old buick 3.9L V8 that weighs less then the 4 bangers in rangers. Someone was going to swap one into a Ranger, I'll see if I can find a picture of the engine.

That light enough?
haha wow thats light

Old 01-16-2009, 06:42 PM   #12
Golden Master

Send a message via MSN to ArrizX

Quote:
You are using the engine out of the Civic? How about like an older aluminum? There is an old buick 3.9L V8 that weighs less then the 4 bangers in rangers. Someone was going to swap one into a Ranger, I'll see if I can find a picture of the engine.

That light enough?
Thats sweet. And a great idea... I had no idea about those. But, unfortunately it probably cost more then we would like and its still a big V8, we want a small side mounted import 4cyl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowndsey View Post
You ever going to finish one of these truck projects?
Yeah. I just dont have the money. My scout just needs front brake lines still. $70, and I am saving but its slow going with out a job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Š88 View Post
so wait...what are you using the Civic for again?
Well, this particular one we are taking the front end (hubs, and steering assembly.

Actually, my buddy doesnt want to use this prelude engine since its a 5speed. So I am going to use it. He will be giving me enough parts that I can make a whole second buggy out of (no, im totally serious) as long as I make the frame myself. So I will make my own buggy, while I also help my friend build his.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hascet View Post
I think he's using the civic for suspension and steering components, or maybe it's just steering components. And it look slike your passenger side front trailer tire is low on air.
Yes, and good call. It had a nail in it.

Oh, and picture updates tonight when I get home.

()_) ()_)--o-)_)
ArrizX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 07:41 PM   #13
Golden Master

Send a message via MSN to superman22x Send a message via Yahoo to superman22x

so with all the weight in the back, even with a 110hp import motor, while this thing pop a wheelie? haha
Its just going to be RWD right?
Old 01-16-2009, 08:08 PM   #14
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to Rubber314Chicken

dude, I wanna drive that thing when its done.

you have the coolest projects ever.
Old 01-16-2009, 10:17 PM   #15
Fully Optimized

I need to build one of these, looks like so much fun. Maye even make it street legal! Where can you buy tubing from in large amounts like that?
Old 01-16-2009, 10:19 PM   #16
Site Team

Steel tubing shops?

KMATB
Lowndsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 03:29 AM   #17
Golden Master

Quote:
so with all the weight in the back, even with a 110hp import motor, while this thing pop a wheelie? haha
Its just going to be RWD right?
Basically. I'm taking the drive train out of a front wheel drive car (transaxle bolts right to the engine, eliminates the need for a driveline to run to the back axle) and putting in the rear of a buggy, thus making it RWD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubber314Chicken View Post
dude, I wanna drive that thing when its done.

you have the coolest projects ever.
Lol thanks, and yeah you can drive it as much as you can afford gas.... if you wanna make the trip over here lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hascet View Post
I need to build one of these, looks like so much fun. Maye even make it street legal! Where can you buy tubing from in large amounts like that?
You can only make these street legal in certain states like Arizona. Washington is to strict. Arizona you can license quads. My teacher was telling me when he lived down there about people driving quads to work. Freakin awesome.

Quote:
Steel tubing shops?
Actually, no. The best place to get them is a welding shop. my buddies parents own two huge welding companies. I was offered a job that I might take.

Pics are uploading

The car as it sat in the shop

Car moved outside

Rear of the car

Rear suspension setup as its being taken out of the car. Its one long straight axle with no differential.

()_) ()_)--o-)_)
Old 01-17-2009, 03:38 AM   #18
Golden Master

So that is the sterring and strut assembly laying against the took box. I am the only one with that large of a tool box other then the teacher lol

Box of stuff

Scout for good measure

Ready to drive. Just need the brake lines. AS you can see the gap between front clip and panel, I am waiting for high guage sheet metal to come in to finish that cosmetic part.

Edit-
Using this link for storage so I can find it when I am at school. I found motors that are chain driven, instead of axle driven. Maybe we could make something work with this easier then how hard it is to find an engine with a transaxle and an automatic. Because we can only afford 80s erra cars. Most everything in our price range is manual transmission, and in the 80s they were mostly manual import cars trying to squeeze every bit of gas millage out of the engine. 80s was a really bad time for emissions controls and millage.
http://www.tycentre.com/products/spa...as_engines.htm
()_) ()_)--o-)_)
Old 01-17-2009, 04:40 AM   #19
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArrizX View Post

man I would give any thing to take something like that for a spin. I will just have to settle for my radio controlled buggy

KMATB
Lowndsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 11:11 AM   #20
Daemon Poster

Quote:
man I would give any thing to take something like that for a spin. I will just have to settle for my radio controlled buggy
Yeah they are SWEET, my buddies dad owned like 9 sand pits where they just dug up the land and got different types of sand and rock for landscaping and building purposes in Massachusetts and he had 2 of em and we used to take em out and run the hell outta em. almost impossible to get stuck and they are fast as hell.

Raidmax Smilodon Extreme Black Case -|-AMD Phenom II x4 955 BE @ 3829.50 Mhz (18.5 x 207, vcore 1.424, NB 2600 mhz, HT link 2200 mhz) -|- Xigmatek Dark Knight S1283V -|- Gigabyte MA790XT-UD4P Mobo -|- G. Skill 6Gb (3 x 2Gb) DDR3 1333 RAM 7-7-7-18-2t -|- WD Caviar 7200 RPM 1 TB HDD -|- OCZ GameXtreme 700W -|- Radeon 4870 1Gb @ 780/1050 -|- Asus VW202NR 20" wide-screen -|- Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit -|- Saitek Cyborg Keyboard -|- Razer Lachesis Mouse
PokerDegenerate is offline   Reply With Quote