Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 09-17-2008, 09:51 AM   #11
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to drumthrasher Send a message via MSN to drumthrasher Send a message via Yahoo to drumthrasher
Default Re: Support The Troops

Dude the URL is long, freewebsitedesigning is really long.

YALL BETTER SUPPORT THE TROOPS!

Old 09-17-2008, 09:54 AM   #12
Fully Optimized

Send a message via Yahoo to bullzi Send a message via Skype™ to bullzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by JogaBonito1502 View Post
I agree with 'A True Folder'. If you join the army you should know the possible consequences. You shouldn't just join to say you joined.
Well right, but he said they have a choice. Not all do. If you do join the military, you should most definitely know what could happen. Some have no choice.

bullzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 10:01 AM   #13
xxcobraxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by celegorm View Post
It's their own risk, but they can't control what the brass decides to do. In the end, they are helping people. Not all of Iraq hates us. As any soldier who has fought. THe way most Iraqi's feel is not the way the media has us belive. Some actually LIKE us being there.

For those of you who don't support the troops, has anyone you know (family or friend) gone to fight? I doubt it. I've lived through it twice now. You don't know what it's like to not support them until you see how much they really need us here at home.
Ok, I'll tell you something, my best friend sister went to the army, she is still in their, laura barnes, she started of sniping but then changed to engineering and she has told me alot about the war, shit i know an awful lot.

My step granddad kind of, he has been all over the world fixing ships and containers , he has told me shit lots, he told me if you was to join then think about it before you do, theirs alot of risks, he told me that.

my granddad was in the japan war about 50years ago or something.

my m8s brother is in the army now, she told me what he told her.

theirs alot more then me on this forums that has been or knows alot about a war.

It's your own risk
Old 09-17-2008, 10:10 AM   #14
Site Team

Send a message via AIM to celegorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antdemo View Post
It's your own risk
Never said it wasn't. But it's a lot harder for the soldiers to live through it if they don't think anyone back home cares if they live or not.

Team Thelegorm! Total Kills: 21 (i iz in uor profile, editsing your sigz)
celegorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 10:18 AM   #15
xxcobraxx

who cares? the soldiers agree to protect their country.

I care because its good to see this but its their own risk if they die.

sad to say but thats life.

btw, i like your sentence: But it's a lot harder for the soldiers to live through it if they don't think anyone back home cares if they live or not.

I can agree thats really strong and i agree people should care
Old 09-17-2008, 11:02 AM   #16
Fully Optimized

/thread.

You have no choice but to obey. If your military goes to war, it's 99.9% the politicians and not you that make that decision.

I will always support British troops because they have to go through hell and back following orders from some cognac swigging ex-Etonian pushing buttons in London and relying on whatever comes through from GCHQ at Cheltenham. The British Army's commander is officially the Queen but what control does she have? None, it's left to the MoD and the Generals in Whitehall, as well as the government.

This thread is spam in that you seem to forget that there are non-Americans reading these boards. I don't support your troops, I support my own and especially now that they are involved in an illegal war which your troops have all but lost.
Old 09-17-2008, 04:53 PM   #17
Fully Optimized

Just on a side note here, I was reading in the news this morning that Pakistani troops have been authorised to fire on American troops if the violate the Afghan / Pakistan border again.

Seems like the US disregard for international borders and sovereignty of state know no bounds

Honestly, they're fighting a losing war, why the hell don't they just GTFO?

E8600@ 4.25GHz, 1.325V | Thermalright Ultra 120 eXtreme + Scythe Slipstream 120 | Asus Rampage Extreme| 4GB Corsair 2000MHz 8-8-8-24 @ 1600 6-7-6-24| ASUS 9800GTX| Pioneer 18X SATA DVD-RW | 320GB + 500GB WD SATAII | Antec True Power Trio 650W | Thermaltake Sonata | Vista Ultimate x64 SP2/Win7 Ultimate
A True Folder is offline   Reply With Quote