Summer Job

joe pic

Fully Optimized
Alright. Over the summer, I want to become a caddy at the country club. (i'm 15)....

My goal is to make $1000 by the end of the summer. I already have about $530. I wanna reach $1500 so i can get an athlon x2 3800 with 2 gigs of ram and a 7900gt. My parents said they would chip in too, but i'm not expecting a lot... so do you think i could make at LEAST $1000 by september?? I'm probly going to apply for the job sometime this month...

what do you think?

no, caddyings a shit job, i do it, you make almost no money, barely go out, and the old guys give you a nickel and think ther bein generous

im turning 15 over the summer, but im workin at a harbor, makin mor money, and spending less time sittin around...

caddying sucks, dont waste your time, and unless you went out like 4 times a day (u usually only get out once, if any) and wer the best caddy(which unless youve been doin it for a few years, i doubt you are) theres no chance in hell you could make even like $700

sorry to burst your bubble, but ive been doin it for like 3 years

get out....minimum wage is like what? 6.75/hour? so i get that, plus tips ...you think i should get at least $1000? i really wana make 1000 by september and i think caddying would be the best job...

minimum wage doesnt apply because
a. your underage, you have no rights
b. your a private contractor, the country club has no affiliation with you (thats how they can employ such young kids with no permits)

and people normally tip half of what the club gives you, and i know for a fact you dont get paid hourly
it normally goes by levels
somethin like this

B caddy: first year, least amount experience (15.00 every time you go out (doesnt matter how many holes)
A caddy: second maybe first if your good (17-20.00 every time you go out, doesnt matter how many holes
Honors caddy: third and up, $25+ every time you go out

b's barely get picked cause ther normally not very strong, or good at caddying

and after one day, your not gonna wanna go out that often
some days you show up at 6 am. and wait till 3 in the afternoon and dont go out...
it really depends on the club

15 isn't underage. You must live somewhere weird...

Anywho, I generally bring in about $600 a month. And our minimum wage is $7.50 here in Oregon. So You should bring in near $1500 by the end of summer. :)

Seriously, where do you live? In California the youngest age you can legally work part-time is 15 with permission from your parents and 16 without. Full-time work is allowed when you turn 18. Last I heard, the minimum wage in California is about $7.50.

ya i live in bloomington illinois and you can work when you are fourteen here... well, at mcdonalds at least. im not sure about anywhere else.

yeah, i've never heard of such a thing... but thanks lol. in NY here i think its like 6.75. i wish it was 7.50, next year its going to go up to 7.15

wow i wish i could do something like that... how much do you think i would make each week with tips?

Back
Top Bottom