Finally after a few weeks of screwing around I've finally got a stable freaking signal.
I know by now you guys are probably sick of listening to me rant about Verizon and my BFE signal quality.
So today I got upset and decided to give that elevation change a try. Well with the mounting setup it comes with there was no way to securely angle it. I got mad and just put it back up and spun it around.
I never aimed it in the town that I new had Rev-A but was further than the other 2 towns in the area that were much closer with Rev-A. So I just started turning it leaving the settings on auto.
I started to notice my CDMA (National Access * Slow worthless speed) drop down into the low 80's. Not like I hadn't seen that before aiming in other directions.
Out of the blue I noticed it switched over to full bars of Rev-A signal. I got really excited and did a speedtest. Results were great and I was like hell ya.
Then I went to email someone and the connection had dropped. LMFAO I was pulling my hair after getting again teased like that. So I fiddled a bit more.
Now it seems it takes a few times to connect no doubt do to the overall distance of around 10 miles away but it must be a clean shot. I've never dropped below 3 bars and normally hold a steady -72dBm to -74dBm level.
At least now my results are pretty much on par with the Verizon average.
:::.. Download Stats ..:::
Download Connection is:: 817 Kbps about 0.8 Mbps (tested with 1536 kB)
Download Speed is:: 100 kB/s
Tested From:: http://testmy.net/
Test Time:: 2008/04/27 - 11:50am
Bottom Line:: 14X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 10.24 sec
Tested from a 1536 kB file and took 15.395 seconds to complete
Download Diagnosis:: 90% + Okay : running at 95.22 % of your hosts average (myvzw.com)
D-Validation Link:: http://testmy.net/stats/id-B86YFDQS1
User Agent:: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:188.8.131.52) Gecko/20070309 Firefox/184.108.40.206 [!]
Seeing speeds like this in BFE are like having sex for the first time.