Submerged Computer System

This is an old repost, I've seen this done before. It has been proven to be possible.

BTW, the music in that video is really annoying.

now that has to be the coolest thing i've seen in a long time. i wonder how the psu isn't getting shorted. what exactly are they pouring into the aquarium?

nice post :) rep 4 you :)

Its not that great, its stagnant so after its been running for a while the mineral oil heats up and sucks, not to mention its not that great to begin with.

it actually ist as good a cooling system as one would have thought as slowly the temperature of the whole tank goes up as there is no way to dissapate the heat as there is in a normal computer case or water cooling setup i see they have added a radiator since i last saw it i havent the time to read the results of that yet but that may have solved that problem
oh and it can wreck your fans as they really struggle to turn in the mineral oil
however it does look pretty cool if you ask me shame fish wont survive in mineral oil otherwise that would look cool

it actually ist as good a cooling system as one would have thought as slowly the temperature of the whole tank goes up as there is no way to dissapate the heat as there is in a normal computer case or water cooling setup i see they have added a radiator since i last saw it i havent the time to read the results of that yet but that may have solved that problem
oh and it can wreck your fans as they really struggle to turn in the mineral oil
however it does look pretty cool if you ask me shame fish wont survive in mineral oil otherwise that would look cool

I saw another one where they tell you to take off all the fans and use some sort of pump to circulate the oil.

Back
Top Bottom