this is stupid but plz tell me your ideal of this...

Keep it. My ex-girlfriend kept the necklace I gave her. It was a gift. Shouldn't matter what you did with it after you guys broke up.

thats kind of different, yes they are both gifts. But you are a guy. You wouldnt be an "gentleman" if you asked for it back.

thats kind of different, yes they are both gifts. But you are a guy. You wouldnt be an "gentleman" if you asked for it back.

That's just a view of society. Why do we call our genders equal, if we don't ever act like it?

to be honest,

she gave it to you, you have no real recourse over it.

but you didn't want it, and you broke up, you really should have given it back.

How would you have felt if the situation was reversed, say you'd asked her to marry you and given you an expensive ring, perhaps your grandmothers engagement ring and then she leaves you you'd like it back but she sold it to a mate for $50...

short answer is, no you don't have to give it back.

but even so you're a bit of a jerk for not giving it back especially since you didn't even want it anyway.

How would you have felt if the situation was reversed, say you'd asked her to marry you and given you an expensive ring, perhaps your grandmothers engagement ring and then she leaves you you'd like it back but she sold it to a mate for $50...
That situation is in no way relevant to his problem. An engagement ring is given as a promise to marry. A "contract" if you will. It is in no way considered a "gift". If she were to leave him, it would be dependent on the fact that the ring would also have to be returned.

true...

perhaps a bad example.

the sentiment was more what would you feel if you gave an expensive gift as an expression of your love and then she left you a few days/weeks later and sold the gift to a mate for a few bucks.

I guess a good question would be did she leave you, or did you leave her.

I mean if someone give you an expensive gift and you leave them a couple of weeks later, then you should probably give the gift back, if only to be nice.

if they leave you, then they shouldn't leave you expecting the return of gifts that they've given you.

INxFAMOUSxJW -

The best advice anybody can give you right now is this. . .

DO NOT TELL HER YOU SOLD THE WATCH!

"Hell hath no fury. . ."

INxFAMOUSxJW -

The best advice anybody can give you right now is this. . .

DO NOT TELL HER YOU SOLD THE WATCH!

"Hell hath no fury. . ."

But since they are going to stay friends, wont she find the watch on his friends arm sooner or later?

Back
Top Bottom