Study Abroad

superman22x

Golden Master
Has anyone done it? Two friends and I are interested in a summer in Costa Rica. Its like $3700 plus some other expenses(books, airfare, field trips, housing) so all in all like $5000 for a 5 week thing. Not too bad. But just curious if anyone else has done it?

Sounds like fun if you have the money. My aunt studied in Europe when she went to college.
Personally I would rather save the money and just study a broad.:D

Sounds like fun if you have the money. My aunt studied in Europe when she went to college.
Personally I would rather save the money and just study a broad.:D
That's one thing you can't do at a Tech school but can in Costa Rica... lol.
And $5000 for a semesters worth of credit is about half of what I pay here... after scholarship, lol.

Make sure you do that early. It would seem to me like the program is not as good if you're paying half, but then again I'm judging a book by its cover.

Well, it's not engineering. It would just be gen ed studies. But having an international minor or any international experience is big with engineering. 2 years ago GM announced something like it didn't want any new engineers that didn't have international background.

I had a friend who did it twice. She went to China and I forget where else. They spent more time on vacation than they did studing but it sounded like fun.

I contacted someone here at MTU about it. For 5 weeks, it's only 6 credits.

I still want to do it though.

Have plenty of internationals in my college classes, it seems a hell of an experience if you can reasonably afford it superman

Back
Top Bottom