It strikes me...

Makes sense! Always useful to have a backup; as Gandhi Used to say -

Gandhi said:
'I can see that in the future; everybody will laugh at me, everybody will think I was mad, and everybody will need a backup of their things,'

No! I don't like to have less than 2 Hard Drives on my Computer so that I can put my Files (which are in a very neat order!) on my D: Drive and Programs and Windows on the C: Drive! Then; when and if I re-fromat I can keep my 30Gb of Files (Pictures, Videos, Movies, CD Images, DVD Images, Games Images, Documents, etc etc and so on) so I don't need to physically back it up!

How do you do your Sever Backups? Tape Drives are out now aren't they? Must have Hundreds of Gigabytes on a Server!

Oh! Cool - they can hold a lot of stuff if I remmember rightly! I cannot remember whether they can hold more than a DVD (especially the 9.6Gb ones) but still they must be more hardy and reliable than DVDs.

They will stay in untill another system comes out that is faster/an or holds more. I get about 50mB/minute on mine. What is the speed for DVDs?

I'm not too sure about the speed of DVD Writing - it doesn't say - but I think it is practically if not faster than that. But you'll never get 20Gb on a DVD! DVDs are also much easier to destroy accidentially.

Back
Top Bottom