Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 10-06-2005, 10:36 PM   #1
Golden Master

Default Street Fighter 2-3 fans...

Most people here are fans of FPS or RTS, but what about a fan of fighting games like Street Fighter 2, Street Fighter 3, Mortal Kombat, etc?

Cal Poly campus have this huge arcade room with all the versions of Street Fighter in there. From Marvel vs Street Fighter, Megaman vs Streetfighter, Street FIghter Zero, Street FIghter 2 Alpha, Street Fighter 3 Third Strike. Some of the arcade version are in Japanese which was way cool. The Third Strike is the one I'm addicted to right now. I play it everyday before class. Most people there are addicted to Street Fighter in general and we have like lines of competiton against each other playing Street Fighter 3: Third Strike. My proudest moment came when I beat a guy who defeated 6 straight competitors in a row. I was truly lucky that I beat him. On the final round closer to the end, my hands and fingers were stressed. I knew my combo moves, but my hands felt more like just pushing random buttons (like a kid) than concentration.

Old 10-06-2005, 10:41 PM   #2
Fully Optimized

Default Re: Street Fighter 2-3 fans...

I only play fighting games with 3d areas to fight in. i can't stand the whole 2d fighting. lately i have bin playing MK deception online for ps2. i have also bin playing tekken 5.

GPU-MSI GeForce 6600 GT(PCI Express)~~Monitor Viewsonic VA902B 19" 8ms~~ ATI TV Wonder Pro (TV Tuner)
~~Still to come~~: eVGA e-GeForce 7800 GT
Dishdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 10:46 PM   #3
Golden Master

I think Mortal Kombat 4 was more 3d with more freedom to roam around and interact with it's background. That game owns in the Mortal Kombat series.
Old 10-07-2005, 01:41 AM   #4
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to jac006

I am the best in SF 3, with Ken. Dragon uppercut. Oh yeah... woot! But I'm not as good as this guy... check him out....
http://video.google.com/videopreview...+2%3A04+AM+PDT
crazy...
Old 10-07-2005, 02:24 AM   #5
In Runtime

When I played street fighter for the first time,the only characters there were ryu,chunli,zangief and guile plus the big boss vega. I used to play it from my family computer.
extendcradle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 02:54 AM   #6
Golden Master

That's cool. Guess what? I just ordered the Street FIghter 2: Champion Edition for my PC just now. I hope to get it next week sometime. I have a gamepad for my PC so it should be fun. I OWN at that game. I got so many combo moves in the old version, there's no way anyone can back away from me. The new Street Fighter 3 takes some time to get use to because of the speed and multi hit combos you canpull off. Even has the MAX guage so you can throw a super, duper, ultra combo.
Old 10-07-2005, 12:06 PM   #7
Fully Optimized

Quote:
Originally Posted by jac006
I am the best in SF 3, with Ken. Dragon uppercut. Oh yeah... woot! But I'm not as good as this guy... check him out....
http://video.google.com/videopreview...+2%3A04+AM+PDT
crazy...
When i was first watching it I was like this guy isn't very good then... BHAM,lol.
GPU-MSI GeForce 6600 GT(PCI Express)~~Monitor Viewsonic VA902B 19" 8ms~~ ATI TV Wonder Pro (TV Tuner)
~~Still to come~~: eVGA e-GeForce 7800 GT
Dishdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 12:48 PM   #8
BSOD

Send a message via AIM to Amorssang Send a message via MSN to Amorssang

I love the side scrolling street fighting games, they're great.

Amorssang is offline   Reply With Quote