Streaming Audio

ssc456

Fully Optimized
Hey guys,

Does anyone know of any audio streaming tools that I could host.

The reason behind it is me and my cousin are both DJ's and I'd like to create almost an online radio station type thing where me and my cousin could jump on have a mix and the other one and anyone else that wanted to could listen.

I've previously looked at Shoutcast but back when I was using it I could embed the stream into a HTML page this time around for whatever reason I seem to be having major trouble.

Does anyone know of any media streaming server type tools?

I've hosted shoutcast a long, long time ago. What trouble are you running into? Maybe I remember enough to help. :D

Hey,

I've actually fixed my problem now but i'm still intrigued as to what other solutions there are other than Icecast.

The problem I had was while running it from the new V2 version of the Shoutcast server software I just couldn't get the stream to embed into my website at all, using Windows Media Player or any Flash Player it just wouldn't connect.

I downgraded to the V1 version which was the version I used a couple of years ago whilst hosting it and now everything is fine can embed the stream without any problems!

So essentially problem solved but I do wonder if there are any other streaming services, I have googled but not had much luck.

Ahh okay, congrats! (I have only used shoutcast before, so not much help here. :))

What I will ask while I'm here, does anybody know how or if you can apply skins to windows media player that is embedded into your website?

IIRC, Windows Media Player is called locally when receiving stream, i.e., the receiving end must also have Windows Media Player. But skin files are stored locally (e.g., locally on your computer for everyday use or locally or a mobile device). This means it is not possible to do skins for the audience because they are essentially calling software stored in their computers.

Back
Top Bottom