The story behind your username

clacker

BSOD
What's the story behind your username?

Mine is completely random, at first I though of hacker but I was worried how it would come across and voila clacker was born. :)

I came up with mine when trying to get a name of StarCraft II for my bro-in-law. Play off the iDevice theme.

No story behind mine, i just made it up and been using it ever since when i invented it ^^

What's the story behind your username?

Mine is completely random, at first I though of hacker but I was worried how it would come across and voila clacker was born. :)

really have a hard to pick a username i want a name that is original and I'm the only one who uses it i stumble the word "kyrious" from greek words which means "gentleman so i just attach it to my name..

my real name is "sahab". I have studied in compute science engineering department, so I added "cse" in my username.

SSC are the initials of my full name.

456 as SSC is rather short and often already taken.

I was once an SSC789 lol but i thought 456 looked better.

Well, I am 27 but was raised by old fashioned people and have adopted their values. I am Old-School at heart. My business does PC service calls like an old-time doctor (making house calls) so I named my business "Old School PC Services". Hence my user-name on this forum.

I felt lazy today so I had to do a little search for an explanation I've made before, so here it is:

Dngrsone said:
I acquired a nickname with the word "Dangerous" added to the shortened version of my name way back when in the bad old days. Something about being able to survive three major motor vehicle accidents within the space of two weeks relatively unscathed.

It followed me wherever I went (to the point where my new job heard about me before I even got there-- "So, why do they call you dangerous?") and it eventually grew on me.

So, one boring evening in 1996, I jumped online and joined an IRC channel my friend told me about and I had to pick a nick, so, figuring that there were probably a couple dozen people wandering around with my given nickname, I'd use a variant that had popped up recently (at the time), partly due to the popularity of a certain "copier guy " skit on SNL.

"The Dangerous One" became DngrsOne (we were limited to eight letters back then) and eventually Dngrsone. It turned out to be unique on das intarweb and I have been haunting it for nearly a decade already.

Back
Top Bottom