Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 11-29-2006, 07:43 PM   #1
Golden Master

Default Stock Market

Anyone here into stocks? I mean I'm only 16 but I still would like to know/ get more into them. I know someone people that were really into them, but then just stopped. I know there is still a ton of money to be made, anyone have a good stock forum or something?
What stocks have you invested in, make any money?

And suppose, Intel is about to launch a chip, and you know it will do good, you buy the stock, will those sales help the stock go up much? I mean if it were like this, then people wouldve bought sony right before ps3 launched? Just wondering thanks!

what is up vanilla face
G35x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 09:26 PM   #2
Golden Master

Default Re: Stock Market

From what I know about stocks, knowing that the new Intel chip is coming out (relatively) soon, the prices will already have gone up in anticipation of the money that Intel is expected to make.

If you want to learn more, I'd say subscribe to the Wall Street Journal or something like that. Also, there are sites online where you can virtually buy and sell stock for free.

Old 11-29-2006, 10:08 PM   #3
Fully Optimized

Send a message via ICQ to ^Mike^ Send a message via AIM to ^Mike^ Send a message via MSN to ^Mike^ Send a message via Yahoo to ^Mike^

Well you could always play a free stock market game using fake money but the real stock rates. Our school has one for the business classes it's really sweet.
^Mike^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 10:11 PM   #4
Fully Optimized

Quote:
Originally Posted by G35x
Anyone here into stocks? I mean I'm only 16 but I still would like to know/ get more into them. I know someone people that were really into them, but then just stopped. I know there is still a ton of money to be made, anyone have a good stock forum or something?
What stocks have you invested in, make any money?

And suppose, Intel is about to launch a chip, and you know it will do good, you buy the stock, will those sales help the stock go up much? I mean if it were like this, then people wouldve bought sony right before ps3 launched? Just wondering thanks!
do a mock one to get the hang of it, but you wanna invest in things that may be useful in the near future, like up and coming fuel sources, companies that make hydrogen engines, i invested in those and made a shitload of money, well like $100 but im 15 didnt have much to invest to begin with
Old 11-29-2006, 10:11 PM   #5
Daemon Poster

Send a message via AIM to BigLu

mike, my school has the same thing for my business class. it's a nationwide game smgww.org
BigLu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 10:20 PM   #6
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to Rubber314Chicken

www.smartstocks.com

free stock market simulation
Old 11-30-2006, 01:49 AM   #7
Golden Master

I should know more about stocks . I'm taking a finance class and we talk about them all the time. I feel like it's too complicated with all the theory that is thrown at us. It's a tough class and if the professor doesn't curve it, I fail the course.

All I know is look at companies history and try to predict future problems by looking at their strategies, income statements, balance sheets, and other company reports. Buy low, sell high. Companies that tend to have a lot of problems with the law, economy, or whatever are not good companies to invest in. This is probably common sense, lol. Like Microsoft for example. Awhile back, they had that lawsuit in regards to IE. Their stocks went down. Then it's back up when they do something good . You also have to look at how much debt a company has. Starbucks have a huge debt, but appear to be successful. Hmmm, my professor thinks they won't make it because of that. I don't know. We;ll see.
Old 11-30-2006, 04:08 AM   #8
Golden Master

Send a message via MSN to mammikoura

I don't really like normal stocks that much, takes so much time. I prefer warrants (don't know if they are called that or if you guys even have them) but they are directly linked to the stock of the same company, only with warrants the value changes quite much sometimes. And they are cheap, so you can buy like thousands at one time, and then it goes up a few cents and you get quite much money. Or then it goes down a few cents and you lose a shitload of money. But that's how it goes.

I'm not investing into them yet, but I have thought about it for a while and I'm probably going to try putting a few hundred euros into them.
Old 11-30-2006, 05:14 PM   #9
Site Team

Also you have to think if you are considering long or short term investments. If you want to invest and hope the stock goes up or if you want to invest and rely on dividend
Old 11-30-2006, 05:37 PM   #10
Golden Master

How come that site only lets u buy like 15 stocks, as in why are there only 15 stocks and no more options? I onyl see about 20?

what is up vanilla face
G35x is offline   Reply With Quote