Stiches

mayorredbeard

Daemon Poster
I got back from the ER last night, and I just checked out my stitches for the first time this morning.

I was playing Rugby and I was binding onto another player mauling for a tri. We got stood stood up about a meter out. So I slid my arm between my own player and the ball, and spun out left and stripped the ball from him to avoid a penalty for bringing the ball into a maul and failing to get it out.

I got stood up a few inches out, and my team mauled on me this time. I got pushed over and put the ball down for the score. But as I did my own team fell over me and I got cleated in the face.

I taped some gauze over it thinking it was no big deal, and kept playing. I think this might of made it worse. At the end of the half they examined my injury and decided I had to go to the hospital. It turns out it was a lot worse than I had thought.

The cleat penetrated down to the muscle, and the length of the laceration was about an inch if I had to guess. I got 12 stitches and I'm out for 2 weeks while it heals.

My tri was important though, the final score was 15-12.

Sounds pretty bad. I've never had stitches, but came close once. I guess I could have gotten them, but didn't need them. We were cutting down a big tree in our yard...next to the propane tank...fun. So when it falls, we have a rope tied to it and we pull so it doesn't fall on the propane tank. Well, there was a barbed wire fence behind me, and when the tree fell, I fell back on the fence and it put a pretty good cut on my back by my right shoulder. Just bandaged it up with butterfly bandages or whatever those are called. Pretty weird story. :p Still got the scar and i think that was 2 years ago now.

yeah at school a kid threw a freakin book at me when i was in middle school and busted my face open, like the side of my eyebrow it looks like a L cept the other way haha had the peice of skin hanging, like a inch of it.... kinda sucked

I had stitches when I was maybe 3 or 4. I don't remember that incident at all, but I'm told my sister threw a star-wrench at my head. (It was an accident).

I still have the scars.

I had stitches when I was maybe 3 or 4. I don't remember that incident at all, but I'm told my sister threw a star-wrench at my head. (It was an accident).

I still have the scars.

Lol,Sure it was an 'accident' :p

jkz,jkz

Sounds pretty bad. I've never had stitches, but came close once. I guess I could have gotten them, but didn't need them. We were cutting down a big tree in our yard...next to the propane tank...fun. So when it falls, we have a rope tied to it and we pull so it doesn't fall on the propane tank. Well, there was a barbed wire fence behind me, and when the tree fell, I fell back on the fence and it put a pretty good cut on my back by my right shoulder. Just bandaged it up with butterfly bandages or whatever those are called. Pretty weird story. :p Still got the scar and i think that was 2 years ago now.

Haha, funny story to kinda go with that... One time, my friends were at some party, and one got out a paintball gun outside and started chasing another friend. The kid being chased didnt know much about paintball guns, or was too drunk to notice there was no CO2 or Hopper... but anyway, he ran into a barbed wire fence. The kid chasing him made fun of him a couple days later...

Well, just 2 weeks ago, they were at another party and the cops came to break it up or something, and the one kid that was the chaser last time, was running, and ran into a barbed wire fence...

Both friends that ran into the fences decided those fences just pop up outta no where, lol.

Same kid chasing with the paintball gun pulled a little stunt in chemistry class last year too... We were heating crucibles on a bunson burner for something, and he took it and touched it to the kid next to him's arm... They were just messing around, but it made a purple circle about 2 inches in diameter... That was the second time he got him too, lol. But the kid got him back. They didnt get in trouble though, that was the wierd part, lol.

I've only had stiches once. I jumped in a pool when I was little, and hit my chin on the edge, lol. Almost had them in my head when I got hit by my own snowboard, lol.
Came close another time when I was sawing something above me and dust fell in my eyes... Ran the brand new deep tooth blade accross my thumb, still have some nasty scars from that.

damn, whats a STAR wrench?

crosswrench.jpg

Lol,Sure it was an 'accident' :p

jkz,jkz

It was. :p

Back
Top Bottom