Steam\Valve Sucks

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok so i bought CSS ON DISKS! and now i have to DOWNLOAD another 13% and finish downloading the other games, WTF is up with that, i pay for disks but i still have to download the game, that is BS, i got disks because i only have 80KB down speed so this is going to take forever:mad: why do the best games HAVE to use steam

EDIT;
and if anybody wants to download and try CSS and you have steam i can give you a guest pass which will let you play it for 3 days :rolleyes:

Steam is great man. You can install your games on any computer that way. Why you got the disks is beyond me, but with steam you can install your games on any computer that has steam. Plus it is great organizational tool.

Yeah but if you have sucky internet it isnt too good . Its great that if you loose your disks or whatever you can just re download

Steam is great man. You can install your games on any computer that way. Why you got the disks is beyond me, but with steam you can install your games on any computer that has steam. Plus it is great organizational tool.

because it costs the same at the store and i dont have to pay for gas to go there, which isnt that much. but why should i have to finish downloading, is valve that paranoid about pirating?? this is why i didnt get CSS in the first place it take 2 days to play the stupid thing. i wont even be able to play it that often because i hardly ever have internet on my gaming rig.

Actually it cost less on steam. $30 retail and $20 on steam.

PS i want the free pass thing ;-)

just pm me email you signed up with. but the 30 retail comes with day of deafeat and half life 2:deathmatch, and somehow i ended up with HL2:lost coast lol. that package is 30$ on steam

ok so i bought CSS ON DISKS! and now i have to DOWNLOAD another 13% and finish downloading the other games, WTF is up with that, i pay for disks but i still have to download the game, that is BS, i got disks because i only have 80KB down speed so this is going to take forever:mad: why do the best games HAVE to use steam

EDIT;
and if anybody wants to download and try CSS and you have steam i can give you a guest pass which will let you play it for 3 days :rolleyes:

Did you even think for a moment that maybe it's updating the game? the models, sounds, textures, maps, etc are all on disc, but ever since CSS was released there have been many new maps, skins, texture sets, and other stuff.

When I bought CSS back in 2004, my max download speed was 60 kb/s, and I bought silver edition, so I had no discs. So just suck it up and let it do it's thing. It only took one night for steam to download HL2 and CSS for me.

Your slow internet connection is your problem, not VALVe's.

Did you even think for a moment that maybe it's updating the game? the models, sounds, textures, maps, etc are all on disc, but ever since CSS was released there have been many new maps, skins, texture sets, and other stuff.

When I bought CSS back in 2004, my max download speed was 60 kb/s, and I bought silver edition, so I had no discs. So just suck it up and let it do it's thing. It only took one night for steam to download HL2 and CSS for me.

Your slow internet connection is your problem, not VALVe's.

first off i bought the game yesterday, all the updates should have been on there,

and why do you have be so rude about it, wtf im 14 and there is no other ISP's around me

first off i bought the game yesterday, all the updates should have been on there,

and why do you have to be such a jerk honestly jeeze?

How was I jerk you made a thread venting about your frustration with valve, I gave an answer. What do you want me to do? sugar coat for you? hold your hand and feel bad just because you have to download a little bit of data?

But seriously. Unless you have metered bandwidth that breathes down your neck like a vulture for how much you download, there is no reason to care about it downloading. Entertain yourself for a little bit. At a rate of 80 kb/s, a few hundred megs is nothing.

In light of your edited post, I'm being blunt and mean because you vented on something stupid like this. Your 14 and you have a good pc and internet connection, I sure as hell didn't when I was 14 (18 now)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom