status

Newbie 1-30
Junior member 30-100
Member 100- 500
Senior member 500-1000
Guru 1000+

That's exactly the reason why I have pretty much completely left CF. At first, it was a great site, but then, people started putting in SO much emphisis on who can post more, who can beat someone else in postage. At first I thought it was cool, but since, I have seen this forum just implode on itself countless times. It's absurd how mods tell us "focus on quality", while, they let game threads that consist of 1/2 words per word allowed. What the hell is this?

On the forum that I go to (which are now my favorite forums), post counts aren't even shown next to each posts, posting anything less then a sentence will get you warned, even 1 line is frowned upon. Idiotic games like Word Associataion will probably get you banned. And mods accualy go thought threads, and warn those people who post useless messages.

Seriously, certain people on this site, just go on every day with a goal "I want to get 30 more posts today". So they post in threads that they know nothing about, post pointless posts, participate in every "game" out there, and get their 30 posts rather quickly. WTF does it prove? What does post count prove? In this forum, almost nothing. In the forum that I go to, it doesn't prove much, but generally people with a high post count are probably good people, because crappy posts would have gotten you banned.

I'm just so sick of people posting absolutely pointless and repetitive threads (certain threads we get every day). Like it or not, in most professional forums, half of the stuff here would be spam. I haven't officially left, but I never post on here. I used to go on to debate, but now that Giancarlo has been banned (reason? wasn't here), there's nothing/no-one to debate with. So, now I just stay away because people here encourage you to post everywhere, and in this forum, quantity rules over quality (except for a couple outstanding member). I'm not having an ego here, or being modest. I used to participate in those games, until I realized just how pointless most of this stuff is. And how much non-official spam circulates this forum, and mods don't do anything about it (well, that's just because it's "acceptable" here, It's not the mod's fault).

Hope someone understands what my post is about.

~rake

You're right Rake.
But we have a social lounge for stupid posts and if you want to share things so it's not that badd.
And, what's your favourite forum? I would like to visit it.

if i could go back i wouldnt have posted so much crap and would have posted knowledge but when i signed up to this site i was a dipshit and didnt really know anything about them. now i can at least help people with hardware. i should join a car forum and learn more about cars

www.forums.hackthissite.org

The mods there are fantastic. Before you say "OMG, hacking!", learn what hacking is. Hacking != cracking. Cracking is hotmail hacking, crashing school servers, virus's, trojans, etc. Hacking is completely different. I'm not going to explain much, just go to the site if you're intrested. I only go there to learn about security, OS's, and hardware, and politics. My name on there is rake.

One of the cool things about that site is that post counts are NOT displayed next to your name. This discouraged many post-whores, and pushes for more quality orientated posts.

Yeah, I know the people here are not going to chage. I don't blame them, because the mods are lenient, and they don't mind the spam, oops, I mean games and "repetitive" topics. Which means, I'm pretty much gone.

And for those of you still thinking that the link above is "omg! he's a hacker", no offense, but go get an education. Learn what REAL hacking is, not what the media feeds us. I'm not going to be a teacher here, those who don't want to learn.. well, that's their problem.

/rant

but you do have a status on that site.
There's a lil' bar and some are bigger and some are smaller and there are different levals.

That's exactly the reason why I have pretty much completely left CF. At first, it was a great site, but then, people started putting in SO much emphisis on who can post more, who can beat someone else in postage. At first I thought it was cool, but since, I have seen this forum just implode on itself countless times. It's absurd how mods tell us "focus on quality", while, they let game threads that consist of 1/2 words per word allowed. What the hell is this?

On the forum that I go to (which are now my favorite forums), post counts aren't even shown next to each posts, posting anything less then a sentence will get you warned, even 1 line is frowned upon. Idiotic games like Word Associataion will probably get you banned. And mods accualy go thought threads, and warn those people who post useless messages.

Seriously, certain people on this site, just go on every day with a goal "I want to get 30 more posts today". So they post in threads that they know nothing about, post pointless posts, participate in every "game" out there, and get their 30 posts rather quickly. WTF does it prove? What does post count prove? In this forum, almost nothing. In the forum that I go to, it doesn't prove much, but generally people with a high post count are probably good people, because crappy posts would have gotten you banned.

I'm just so sick of people posting absolutely pointless and repetitive threads (certain threads we get every day). Like it or not, in most professional forums, half of the stuff here would be spam. I haven't officially left, but I never post on here. I used to go on to debate, but now that Giancarlo has been banned (reason? wasn't here), there's nothing/no-one to debate with. So, now I just stay away because people here encourage you to post everywhere, and in this forum, quantity rules over quality (except for a couple outstanding member). I'm not having an ego here, or being modest. I used to participate in those games, until I realized just how pointless most of this stuff is. And how much non-official spam circulates this forum, and mods don't do anything about it (well, that's just because it's "acceptable" here, It's not the mod's fault).

Hope someone understands what my post is about.

~rake

My rants still holds true. I just saw a 200 post celebration party. Wow. That's exactly what I'm talking about.

Btw, root seems like the only reasonable person here, I saw his post in that thread.

Back
Top Bottom