STALKER - Shadows of Chernobyl

I know it's only a game but isn't a little ghoulish, some of the children who got high doses of radiation then & lived, are very deformed, & still dying, & there are pastures in England that to this day are radioactive, sheep grazed there then, now they are fenced off as being dangerous to all living creatures, humans included.
I felt I had to say this, as I am still angry, safety precautions at the nuclear power station were appalling, it was only by chance that there wasn't a full scale atomic explosion which would have killed many many thousands, & wiped out the surrounding countries, including the southern half of England.

EDIT; Won't anybody comment then, now if had been Five Mile Island, it'd be a different matter, but as it would have been only England, pfff, who cares, is that it?

alvino said:
The concept of the game is nice, but I've lost interest in it. I've waited so many years for that vaporware to go gold. The only screenshots I saw of that game was in an issue of Computer Gaming World (now known as Games for Windows) back when the infamous 5800 Ultra was released (the one with the two slot leaf-blower) and it looked pretty damn nice back then. I waited and waited...too late now. Maybe I'll give it a try when I find it on BitTorrent or RapidShare, but theres no way in hell I'm buying it. I already paid for it with my patience and time.

Yeah, show them what you're made of :rolleyes:

I picked up the game... its quite good in my opinion. There is serveral bugs right now... wont work on vista, AI problems rarely during firefights, and factions are hard to join if you dont follow a certain course of events. I can understand bugs in games but after we have been waiting this long... they are somewhat hard to overlook.

AND they have released a patch to apparently fix bugs, etc., but the problem with that is that you apparently have to delete saved game files in order to use the patch... kind of a piss off considering i got the game the day it came out and have put about 6 or 7 hours into in so far.

That being said it is a worthy of being purchased if you are a fan of FPS's or survival-horror type games.

Hahah, yeah that patch was hilarious. Just make sure you don't mind restarting everything, because if the patch is applied your games can't be read and you can't load them or something like that. Heh, that's funny. :p

Back
Top Bottom