Specs on your FIRST systembuild

LambOfGod said:
damn thats a nice first system

thanks :) . I don't know if i could have gotten anywhere near this good of a system with out the discounti get at the store i work at. But oh, was it worth every penny.

My first one was something along these lines:
Pentium 75MHZ or so
windows 95
3GB hard drive
I forget how much RAM it had but I think it might have been like 16MB or so, not sure.
It also had one of those turbo buttons on it, not sure what it did but when I pressed it, it seemed like nothing happened.

This was a custom built computer, I didn't really build anything because I was like 6 or 7 at the time but I did help my dad put a few things in. I thought I was so cool having a computer of my own and thought that was a fast PC, amazing how fast technology changes.

troy272 said:
My first one was something along these lines:
Pentium 75MHZ or so
windows 95
3GB hard drive
I forget how much RAM it had but I think it might have been like 16MB or so, not sure.
It also had one of those turbo buttons on it, not sure what it did but when I pressed it, it seemed like nothing happened.

This was a custom built computer, I didn't really build anything because I was like 6 or 7 at the time but I did help my dad put a few things in. I thought I was so cool having a computer of my own and thought that was a fast PC, amazing how fast technology changes.

Thats cool man,

What the turbo button did in those PCs is actually overclock the processor a few MHZ for ultimate speed. :D

it may have not been connected correctly or may have not been setup correctly in the BIOS.

Turbo buttons onws!

Actually, when I was on one at school, I never pressed it. It does help, but heh.

It can take a 386 from 16MHZ to 40MHZ.

lhuser said:
Turbo buttons onws!

Actually, when I was on one at school, I never pressed it. It does help, but heh.

It can take a 386 from 16MHZ to 40MHZ.

a 54% overclock, man thats the way to do it.

i wish we could do that now-a-days.

an E6600 from 2.4 to 5.0 GHZ :D

LambOfGod said:
a 54% overclock, man thats the way to do it.

i wish we could do that now-a-days.

an E6600 from 2.4 to 5.0 GHZ :D
that would be cool .

my first build ,
p3 450 or 500 mhz(dont remember fully)
32mb sis graphics card
256mb pc133 ram
20gb seagate hdd

i got all teh parts for free about september 2003 and so built this
the parts where from my old dead pc and a friends dead pc

Think the first one i built was prob in 95-96 it was something like an intel 486dx2 66mhz no idea of mobo i do know we got the mobo from an auction and it was missing a bios so found a non working mobo and swapped bios's worked nicely lol. ram was something daft like 8mb prob a 250mb hdd (if that) graphics was a cirrus logic one, what ever happend to cirrus logic they dont make gfx any more do they and a sound blaster card 8bit ISA, i was amazed at the sound quality ;). And it was all inside a nasty HUGE and i mean HUGE IBM 286 case. Family was broke then so half the fun was getting a semi decent pc built from basically scrap.

Back
Top Bottom