Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 09-30-2006, 03:27 AM   #11
Golden Master

Default Re: Spare time

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhuser
Once money comes in, we are talking seriously...and when I mean serious, it's serious. Once I will work PERMANENTLY in a computer shop...or even in HP or Matrox buildings, I will be only working with PCs. Okay, I might have spare times and try to pop in here, but when David dies (Life goes on...no one is invincible), I might be an extreme old fart (Man...It's baby food time!) but if the forum is still on...higly doubts it lol...but if it is, I can try to pop in..and finish the job...til I die.
Nah, you won't be an old fart, I'm fairly old, but I'm not one, [hey, no comments! lol] & I stiill enjoy steak, you've got a funny idea of old folk, but then you are young, when I was your age, everyone one over 50 was old, hey David'll be pleased, he's about 30, & you reckon he'll be dead when?, he'll love reading that on a Saturday morning, you've just made his weekend!

Brookfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 08:20 AM   #12
The Candyman

computers are addicting to some, but for me i love fixing them. mostly for playing video games and music editing for me, but i do have to say there has to be a limit, and don't let the computer rule your life..

get outdoors and do stuff, enjoy life, take time to enjoy the simple things in life...like spending time with someone you haven't seen in years. write a letter off to someone just because, and having more than one hobby is a must.

Old 09-30-2006, 08:23 AM   #13
Golden Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~mr mixx~
computers are addicting to some, but for me i love fixing them. mostly for playing video games and music editing for me, but i do have to say there has to be a limit, and don't let the computer rule your life..

get outdoors and do stuff, enjoy life, take time to enjoy the simple things in life...like spending time with someone you haven't seen in years. write a letter off to someone just because, and having more than one hobby is a must.
Yes, I understand what you mean there, but people like me and probably Alvino and ownage are into PCs and tend to do that for a living. It won't rule over, but will play a major part in life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brookfield
Nah, you won't be an old fart, I'm fairly old, but I'm not one, [hey, no comments! lol] & I stiill enjoy steak, you've got a funny idea of old folk, but then you are young, when I was your age, everyone one over 50 was old, hey David'll be pleased, he's about 30, & you reckon he'll be dead when?, he'll love reading that on a Saturday morning, you've just made his weekend!
Well, I don't even know if I shall see my 50 years. When I meant old fart, is around 90 years old. David will read this, but he knows it's part of life.
lhuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 08:30 AM   #14
The Candyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhuser
Yes, I understand what you mean there, but people like me and probably Alvino and ownage are into PCs and tend to do that for a living. It won't rule over, but will play a major part in life.
i can totally relate to what you said about pc's being playing a big role in your life, computer's & music are my life...one very good thing is that at least there will never be a shortage of software for the pc, and i'm always playing around with new software.
Old 09-30-2006, 08:32 AM   #15
Fully Optimized

I usually practice guitar or something. The PC is just a place to go when I have nothing to do... which is like always. But going for a walk in the bush and checking out nature is fuN!!!
Old 09-30-2006, 08:41 AM   #16
Wizard of Wires

I'm a serious SciFi and anime buff. So if not online I've most likely got my nose in the tube watching SciFi channel and Cartoon network. Other than that I still take pictures and take care of my little Cleo.
setishock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 09:47 AM   #17
Daemon Poster

Send a message via MSN to GlasseyeUK

I tend to spend most of my working day on the computer so when at home I like to relax, go to the gym, bars, clubs etc, the puter is normally on though when I am indoors, but its not used for much more then keeping in contact with friends and writing assignments, work projects.

I love reading, so a good book, and music in the background is my idea of a good night in on occasion.

Time tells all, but if the moment in time passes and you miss it, then you will remember it for ever!!
GlasseyeUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 09:49 AM   #18
BSOD

Send a message via AIM to Trivium Nate

i only get sick of computers when they break or dont work
Trivium Nate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 11:13 AM   #19
The Candyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by setishock
I'm a serious SciFi and anime buff. So if not online I've most likely got my nose in the tube watching SciFi channel and Cartoon network. Other than that I still take pictures and take care of my little Cleo.
it's nice to know that i'm not the only Sci-fi buff, i am always glued to the sci-fi channel / the history channel / or the science channel...
Old 09-30-2006, 11:46 AM   #20
Site Team

Yeah I alway like to have a go at other hobbies rather than computing. It always sounds sad when people say what are your hobbies and you say computing!!

David Lindon is offline   Reply With Quote