Sources for my Persasive Speech HELP!!!!!!

I agree that America is not going anywhere for a long time. The only problem I see is that people are not voting. Our voting rates are sad. Add the fact that most of the people who do vote are uneducated about the government, do not watch the debates and such put on, and seriously could care less about politics. Hell, I bet if before the next Presidential Election, if you asked 100 random people to name 3 policies of both the Republican and Democratic parties, most would not be able to do it. That is just sad. People died for our right to have a government like we do, and this is how they repay those soldiers. The United States is going to have a serious problem if people do not start to get educated about their government and start actually caring about it.

Jenox said:
lol. uh huh. And that's based upon...what, opinion? :rolleyes:

It's based on everything, including the CIA's opinion.

The US also rely's on China and surrounding nations to keep it's economy going. China doesn't rely on the US (however it does rely on a few other countrys).

DJ-CHRIS said:

The US also rely's on China and surrounding nations to keep it's economy going. China doesn't rely on the US (however it does rely on a few other countrys).

China needs the U.S just as much as every nation relies on every other nation to help support itself. The only, or damn close to it, self-sufficient nation on this god forsaken planet is Cuba. It's one of the only countries on the earth that doesn't reply on the U.S for something.

How does China not rely on the U.S? That's something I'd like to know. Because last time I checked China had investors in American companies, and Americans use Chinese laborers to produce their products, which sell back in the U.S and in turn we buy more laborers. How can you say China does not rely on the U.S when a vast majority of it's working class, or at least it appears as a vast majority, relies on work from American corporations?

I'm sorry but the CIA's opinion is about a credible as a weather forecast...

Jenox said:
China needs the U.S just as much as every nation relies on every other nation to help support itself. The only, or damn close to it, self-sufficient nation on this god forsaken planet is Cuba. It's one of the only countries on the earth that doesn't reply on the U.S for something.

How does China not rely on the U.S? That's something I'd like to know. Because last time I checked China had investors in American companies, and Americans use Chinese laborers to produce their products, which sell back in the U.S and in turn we buy more laborers. How can you say China does not rely on the U.S when a vast majority of it's working class, or at least it appears as a vast majority, relies on work from American corporations?

I'm sorry but the CIA's opinion is about a credible as a weather forecast...

Cuba isn't self sufficient, they rely on alot of imports. Ever been their? Thought not.

Alot of China does work at making goods for Americans, but as soon as any international crisis happens these roles are going to shift alot. China can easily build a huge army in this kind of situation.

DJ-CHRIS said:
Cuba isn't self sufficient, they rely on alot of imports. Ever been their? Thought not.

Alot of China does work at making goods for Americans, but as soon as any international crisis happens these roles are going to shift alot. China can easily build a huge army in this kind of situation.
Can you put a space in between the words "a" and "lot"? Sorry, it just annoys my OCD complex :D

I can tell this thread is going to boil over any minute now, but anyway, what do you mean by these roles are going to shift a lot? Americans are going to start doing labor for the Chinese???

And numbers don't mean everything in a war.

DJ-CHRIS said:

An army of what, conscripts? Training > All. The U.S and her Allies have this. China even admits that it CAN NOT fight a conventional war with the U.S, China even stated that should it ever go to war with the U.S that it WILL have to resort to nuclear weapons because the U.S and her military is far superior to that of China. Give me a few minutes to dig up the article from Yahoo! News, but I remember having a huge debate about this in class.

Cuba is pretty fair off though. They rely on Mexico and other poor, third world countries, but the fact is it's not reliant on the U.S, which, a LOT of countries are. So for it to not be is rather impressive. It is pretty self sufficient though. They have their own health care, something America doesn't really have, my old American Government/World Studies teacher went to Cuba and gave us a mindful of information in regards to Cuba. They have a lot of things the U.S doesn't have, they're much more self-sufficient then a lot of countries could ever hope to be. And that's really saying something.

EDIT: here's a link to several news articles discussing nuclear war and how it would be a must should tensions rise.

http://news.google.com/archivesearc...s&hl=en&scoring=t&as_ldate=2004&as_hdate=2005

Is it true that all Chinese are trained to use an M4 in school??? I don't know if it was Chinese...maybe just Taiwan, I don't remember.

Lol last time i visit this post, if i posted my opinions here ill be banned ;) ill stick to messing up peopls pc's with 'solutions' lol.

Militarily, the United States will own China for a long while. China is getting there, but it'll be a long time until they can even compare.

Economically, China will become VERY strong, if not already. You can thank cheap labor and outsourcing for that. Two foreign languages to learn in the future will be Chinese and some dialect of Indian. Especially if you want to keep a high paying job. My dad is a chiropractor and some of his caucasian clients have either lost their jobs or have had to learn Chinese because they were either being sent over to work in China, or someone in China would take their place.

DJ-CHRIS said:

That is somewhat true. The US imports more goods than it does exporting, but China is almost the opposite. It's exports vastly outweigh it's imports.

Back
Top Bottom