Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 03-06-2007, 04:03 PM   #21
Golden Master
 
freestyler105's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 7,883
Default Re: Sources for my Persasive Speech HELP!!!!!!

I agree that America is not going anywhere for a long time. The only problem I see is that people are not voting. Our voting rates are sad. Add the fact that most of the people who do vote are uneducated about the government, do not watch the debates and such put on, and seriously could care less about politics. Hell, I bet if before the next Presidential Election, if you asked 100 random people to name 3 policies of both the Republican and Democratic parties, most would not be able to do it. That is just sad. People died for our right to have a government like we do, and this is how they repay those soldiers. The United States is going to have a serious problem if people do not start to get educated about their government and start actually caring about it.
__________________

__________________
C2D E6600 | 4GB DDR2-800 | 9800GTX+ | Asus P5B-E | 150GB Raptor | 320GB 7200.10 | 750W Xigmatek PSU
freestyler105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 04:09 PM   #22
Golden Master
 
DJ-CHRIS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,203
Send a message via AIM to DJ-CHRIS Send a message via MSN to DJ-CHRIS Send a message via Yahoo to DJ-CHRIS
Default Re: Sources for my Persasive Speech HELP!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenox
lol. uh huh. And that's based upon...what, opinion?
It's based on everything, including the CIA's opinion.

The US also rely's on China and surrounding nations to keep it's economy going. China doesn't rely on the US (however it does rely on a few other countrys).
__________________

DJ-CHRIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 04:21 PM   #23
BSOD
 
Jenox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,156
Default Re: Sources for my Persasive Speech HELP!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ-CHRIS
It's based on everything, including the CIA's opinion.

The US also rely's on China and surrounding nations to keep it's economy going. China doesn't rely on the US (however it does rely on a few other countrys).
China needs the U.S just as much as every nation relies on every other nation to help support itself. The only, or damn close to it, self-sufficient nation on this god forsaken planet is Cuba. It's one of the only countries on the earth that doesn't reply on the U.S for something.

How does China not rely on the U.S? That's something I'd like to know. Because last time I checked China had investors in American companies, and Americans use Chinese laborers to produce their products, which sell back in the U.S and in turn we buy more laborers. How can you say China does not rely on the U.S when a vast majority of it's working class, or at least it appears as a vast majority, relies on work from American corporations?

I'm sorry but the CIA's opinion is about a credible as a weather forecast...
Jenox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 04:42 PM   #24
Golden Master
 
DJ-CHRIS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,203
Send a message via AIM to DJ-CHRIS Send a message via MSN to DJ-CHRIS Send a message via Yahoo to DJ-CHRIS
Default Re: Sources for my Persasive Speech HELP!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenox
China needs the U.S just as much as every nation relies on every other nation to help support itself. The only, or damn close to it, self-sufficient nation on this god forsaken planet is Cuba. It's one of the only countries on the earth that doesn't reply on the U.S for something.

How does China not rely on the U.S? That's something I'd like to know. Because last time I checked China had investors in American companies, and Americans use Chinese laborers to produce their products, which sell back in the U.S and in turn we buy more laborers. How can you say China does not rely on the U.S when a vast majority of it's working class, or at least it appears as a vast majority, relies on work from American corporations?

I'm sorry but the CIA's opinion is about a credible as a weather forecast...
Cuba isn't self sufficient, they rely on alot of imports. Ever been their? Thought not.

Alot of China does work at making goods for Americans, but as soon as any international crisis happens these roles are going to shift alot. China can easily build a huge army in this kind of situation.
DJ-CHRIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 04:50 PM   #25
Golden Master
 
freestyler105's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 7,883
Default Re: Sources for my Persasive Speech HELP!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ-CHRIS
Cuba isn't self sufficient, they rely on alot of imports. Ever been their? Thought not.

Alot of China does work at making goods for Americans, but as soon as any international crisis happens these roles are going to shift alot. China can easily build a huge army in this kind of situation.
Can you put a space in between the words "a" and "lot"? Sorry, it just annoys my OCD complex

I can tell this thread is going to boil over any minute now, but anyway, what do you mean by these roles are going to shift a lot? Americans are going to start doing labor for the Chinese???

And numbers don't mean everything in a war.
__________________
C2D E6600 | 4GB DDR2-800 | 9800GTX+ | Asus P5B-E | 150GB Raptor | 320GB 7200.10 | 750W Xigmatek PSU
freestyler105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 04:52 PM   #26
BSOD
 
Jenox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,156
Default Re: Sources for my Persasive Speech HELP!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ-CHRIS
Cuba isn't self sufficient, they rely on alot of imports. Ever been their? Thought not.

Alot of China does work at making goods for Americans, but as soon as any international crisis happens these roles are going to shift alot. China can easily build a huge army in this kind of situation.
An army of what, conscripts? Training > All. The U.S and her Allies have this. China even admits that it CAN NOT fight a conventional war with the U.S, China even stated that should it ever go to war with the U.S that it WILL have to resort to nuclear weapons because the U.S and her military is far superior to that of China. Give me a few minutes to dig up the article from Yahoo! News, but I remember having a huge debate about this in class.

Cuba is pretty fair off though. They rely on Mexico and other poor, third world countries, but the fact is it's not reliant on the U.S, which, a LOT of countries are. So for it to not be is rather impressive. It is pretty self sufficient though. They have their own health care, something America doesn't really have, my old American Government/World Studies teacher went to Cuba and gave us a mindful of information in regards to Cuba. They have a lot of things the U.S doesn't have, they're much more self-sufficient then a lot of countries could ever hope to be. And that's really saying something.

EDIT: here's a link to several news articles discussing nuclear war and how it would be a must should tensions rise.

http://news.google.com/archivesearch...&as_hdate=2005
Jenox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 05:20 PM   #27
Golden Master
 
freestyler105's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 7,883
Default Re: Sources for my Persasive Speech HELP!!!!!!

Is it true that all Chinese are trained to use an M4 in school??? I don't know if it was Chinese...maybe just Taiwan, I don't remember.
__________________
C2D E6600 | 4GB DDR2-800 | 9800GTX+ | Asus P5B-E | 150GB Raptor | 320GB 7200.10 | 750W Xigmatek PSU
freestyler105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 05:51 PM   #28
Daemon Poster
 
Anubis1980's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,308
Send a message via MSN to Anubis1980 Send a message via Yahoo to Anubis1980
Default Re: Sources for my Persasive Speech HELP!!!!!!

Lol last time i visit this post, if i posted my opinions here ill be banned ill stick to messing up peopls pc's with 'solutions' lol.
__________________
Intel C2D E6750 (1333fsb) 2.66 @3.5ghz |EVGA 680i SLI Mobo | 2GB Twin XMS ddr800 @ 875 | Leadtek 7950 GX2 Core@601 Mem@1600
500GB IBM/HITACHI Sata2 7200/16MB | 160GB 7200rpm 8mb UDMA133 Maxtor | XION 600w dual 12v 44A total SLI PSU | X-fi Xtreme Music | 22" Widescreen Acer LCD
Anubis1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 11:07 PM   #29
Golden Master
 
alvino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 19,967
Send a message via AIM to alvino
Default Re: Sources for my Persasive Speech HELP!!!!!!

Militarily, the United States will own China for a long while. China is getting there, but it'll be a long time until they can even compare.

Economically, China will become VERY strong, if not already. You can thank cheap labor and outsourcing for that. Two foreign languages to learn in the future will be Chinese and some dialect of Indian. Especially if you want to keep a high paying job. My dad is a chiropractor and some of his caucasian clients have either lost their jobs or have had to learn Chinese because they were either being sent over to work in China, or someone in China would take their place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ-CHRIS
It's based on everything, including the CIA's opinion.

The US also rely's on China and surrounding nations to keep it's economy going. China doesn't rely on the US (however it does rely on a few other countrys).
That is somewhat true. The US imports more goods than it does exporting, but China is almost the opposite. It's exports vastly outweigh it's imports.
__________________

alvino is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:39 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0