Sonic has died, officially this time

As far as I'm concerned, sonic died after the genesis.

I enjoyed the dreamcast games to a degree, but looking back (and trying to play them again) they are really terrible games.

I haven't looked forward to a sonic game since I was 10.

Last game I wanted to try was 3D Blast on Genesis. I tried the Saturn version and the Genesis. It started to go bad when Saturn was around. Sonic died at the GameCube era, with it's Sonic Adventures (I think it's that one), being one game that was just too fast for me to handle the speed.

I'm not going to buy a $70 game when if I want speed, I just press Fast Foward on my VCR or even emulators.

Sonic Adventure 1/2 weren't exactly great games though to be honest. They were playable, and I did get through them, but they weren't what a Sonic game should be.

They seem to go into whats cool at the time. With Sonic Adventre 1, it was the adventure type game, so they had to have an adventure aspect in it, but I don't think that worked.

I liked them. Recently bought a dreamcast to play the originals again.
If they would do that, but with more classic gameplay elements and better view control, we would have a winner.

Also the Chao garden was their best A-life effort and pretty entertaining. They have brought it back in other forms in games like NiGHTS but it wasn't as good. All the spinoff Sonic games seem pretty horrible, too.

Back
Top Bottom