Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 08-23-2015, 04:04 PM   #11
In Runtime

Default Re: Something to read.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smart_Guy View Post
Connect the computer to the internet thru your phone and browse
I can't do that lol. All computers are required to be connected to the network. Not for control, but it needs to be 100% secure, there for we have our own network on our own servers, with no access but the computers but in our office. And as I said, any computer at work, must stay connected to that network, and only that network.

Asus USB 3.0 Mobo - 16Gb DDr3 1866mhz Ram - AMD FX 6300 Hexa core 4.0Ghx OC - Corsair CX600M PSU - Corsair H80i Cooler - Gigabyte Gefore GT 730 2Gb GDDr5 - WD Blue 1tb 7200rpm - WD 360gb 5200rpm Backup drive.
NikonGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 01:18 AM   #12
Fully Optimized

What happens if you disconnect the local network?

Old 08-25-2015, 10:15 AM   #13
Fully Optimized

I think you're being very sensible not doing personal browsing at work personally. Keep yourself in that habit and you won't go far wrong. It's too late for us addicts!

Your partner looks very pretty, nice work

i5 4210M || 500GB Samsung EVO 850 SSD || GeForce 825M || 16GB DDR3 RAM || Windows 10 x64
joedaman633 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 01:58 PM   #14
In Runtime

Quote:
What happens if you disconnect the local network?
If I disconnect the local network, not only will I be yelled at, but I also cannot access the files I may need from the network.
Quote:
Originally Posted by joedaman633 View Post
I think you're being very sensible not doing personal browsing at work personally. Keep yourself in that habit and you won't go far wrong. It's too late for us addicts!

Your partner looks very pretty, nice work
I agree, it's not like I have anything pressing. And my bosses are very understanding if I have something important going on. We are allowed to take personal phone calls, and we do have lee way. But if the owner sees me online besides doing something online for the company, i'll get yelled at lol. And thank you, she's my gem
Asus USB 3.0 Mobo - 16Gb DDr3 1866mhz Ram - AMD FX 6300 Hexa core 4.0Ghx OC - Corsair CX600M PSU - Corsair H80i Cooler - Gigabyte Gefore GT 730 2Gb GDDr5 - WD Blue 1tb 7200rpm - WD 360gb 5200rpm Backup drive.
Old 08-25-2015, 02:08 PM   #15
Fully Optimized

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikonGuy View Post
If I disconnect the local network, not only will I be yelled at, but I also cannot access the files I may need from the network.
Do they get notified if you do it? I mean, I don't think they would yell at ya for something they are not aware of.

And, you can easily re-connect to access the files on the network.

Never mind, I'm only missing with ya
Old 08-25-2015, 02:17 PM   #16
In Runtime

Quote:
Do they get notified if you do it? I mean, I don't think they would yell at ya for something they are not aware of.

And, you can easily re-connect to access the files on the network.

Never mind, I'm only missing with ya
Trust me, they would know
Old 08-25-2015, 09:54 PM   #17
Wizard of Wires

Like when kids ask if they can circumnavigate security to play on line or do damage to the network, Fracking around at work is not recommended. Quick way to lose a job. There's plenty other people waiting for you to step on your wang and get fired.
setishock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 02:02 AM   #18
Fully Optimized

I'm a professional fracker and I managed to stay in my job for 9 years being so, while still giving the right results in my tasks

My boss tells me great employees can do their tasks right regardless to whatever else they do at work. He even tells me to go out anytime I want as long as I do things right.

But yeah, I don't recommend it too. Not everyone is good at it.

Note: I don't really know what fracking around means. I borrowed it from your post, Seti
Old 08-26-2015, 09:51 AM   #19
In Runtime

Quote:
I'm a professional fracker and I managed to stay in my job for 9 years being so, while still giving the right results in my tasks

My boss tells me great employees can do their tasks right regardless to whatever else they do at work. He even tells me to go out anytime I want as long as I do things right.

But yeah, I don't recommend it too. Not everyone is good at it.

Note: I don't really know what fracking around means. I borrowed it from your post, Seti
My boss is the same way. But I take the responsibility of doing many other things. Say i'm on my computer in the office, when there is nothing in the engineering department let for me to do, then normally speaking I could just do nothing. However when there is nothing to do, I go to assemblies and help the other workers assemble parts. If there is nothing more to assemble, I clean, paint, do ANYTHING that can be done. I even painted the bathroom one day. Doing things like this gives me a lot more leeway. And besides, my motto is simple. I'm at being paid to work. So I will work.

My boss is very nice, great guy. The owner of the company is not as much.