Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 09-02-2004, 06:26 PM   #41
Guru
 
Lord Kalthorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Britain
Posts: 13,293
Send a message via MSN to Lord Kalthorn
Default

Yeah; it is. I was just trying to explain to Gian my position - as he seems to think we're all homophobic for some reason.

I still can't find any girls with Intel on their chests!
__________________

__________________
A Knight is sworn to Honour. His heart knows only Virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His might upholds the Weak. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the Wicked.
Lord Kalthorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 07:13 PM   #42
BSOD
 
Giancarlo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 4,788
Send a message via AIM to Giancarlo
Default Re: Something Intel dont have which amd do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Kalthorn
People are entitled to their beliefs; and making a reference to a episode of the Simpsons where there are gay people are shooting a deer is thought of as a way to change is not really religious Nazism. Its just a joke; if you were to make a Gay Joke about Straight people (presuming it isn't swearing) then you wouldn't expect us to answer like that would you?
I'm gay but that doesn't make me any less human then everybody else. And by the way, heterosexuality is shoved in my face every single day. In songs, in the media, in the movies and on billboards. So please don't give me this crap.

Quote:
I have nothing against Gay people as long as it is not shoved in my face or any sexual references are made about it. What I disapprove of is Minorities; and its not just Gays, some Blacks are still like it, extremely stupid people often do it, Feminists do it, thinking they deserve some sort of special treatment over a Majority - they should get, deserve and expect exactly the same treatment.
Utter, ridiculous nonsense. All we ask is for equal rights and equal treatment but we are denied that. Heterosexuality is shoved in my face every single day. You say you don't want homosexuality shoved in your face (that wasn't my intention ever), yet heterosexuality is shoved in my face. I think hypocrisy comes to mind. And we never requested special treatment (again another notion by the ultra-religious conservatives which is utterly ridiculous). We request equal treatment, but obviously with people like yourself we will never get equal treatment.

Quote:
It would appear that you have the problem with your Gayness; not us. Airox's Post was called for; well timed and humourous.
No it isn't. It was ridiculous. And first off, my gayness? What about your straightness? That doesn't define who I am as a person. Again you don't know anything about me, and your stereotypes are ridiculous.

Quote:
Were the tables turned and straight is a Minority - I as a straight person would not feel bad were somebody to say to me that I should change back to being gay by watching a girly movie and crying about it. I would take it as a joke.
Hypocrite. You are nothing but a stereotyping close-minded person. Does this mean, since I'm gay I cry at girly movies? I don't even watch chick flicks.

Quote:
Perhaps I am just more laid back than anybody else; I don't know. I just don't believe anybody should be treated differently because of anything.
No, you're just a hypocrite. You only believe gay people should be treated at an inferior level as they are now. I demand equal rights, not special rights.
__________________

Giancarlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 09:12 PM   #43
Guru
 
Lord Kalthorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Britain
Posts: 13,293
Send a message via MSN to Lord Kalthorn
Default Re: Something Intel dont have which amd do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giancarlo
I'm gay but that doesn't make me any less human then everybody else. And by the way, heterosexuality is shoved in my face every single day. In songs, in the media, in the movies and on billboards. So please don't give me this crap.
I did not say that; I was trying to point out that by moaning about Airox's Joke; you were making a lot of bother from what was a joke. Actually I gave you that crap in the section which you quoted below this; so I'll answer it there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giancarlo
Utter, ridiculous nonsense. All we ask is for equal rights and equal treatment but we are denied that. Heterosexuality is shoved in my face every single day. You say you don't want homosexuality shoved in your face (that wasn't my intention ever), yet heterosexuality is shoved in my face. I think hypocrisy comes to mind. And we never requested special treatment (again another notion by the ultra-religious conservatives which is utterly ridiculous). We request equal treatment, but obviously with people like yourself we will never get equal treatment.
Are you? I'd like to think I treat a gay person like a straight person; other than the obvious fact that I wouldn't discuss sexual positions which a gay person (that was a joke). I'm sure it is; but the fact that at very least over 90% of people (I don't know the percentage; so I set it low so not to offend you incase I went too high) - so instead of cancelling all forms of romance and straight programs off the TV they satisfy the Majority; you defending Democracy earlier should understand that theory? Not only that; but there are a good deal of shows with Gay people in and silly Gay problem shows (they're silly when they're straight problem shows) which put me off; so. You don't; I referred to nothing about you in that and if anything you've been a little backward with sexual referrence on the Forum. I think the bracketed comments approve not the theory that gays want to have special treatment; but that straight people often have to be cautious of offending gays, like in the brackets where I have filled in where I would have thought in normal converse that you may be offended by the comment and had to explain it. If gays did not believe that straight people were trying to offend them; then I would not feel I needed to do this would I?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giancarlo
No it isn't. It was ridiculous. And first off, my gayness? What about your straightness? That doesn't define who I am as a person. Again you don't know anything about me, and your stereotypes are ridiculous.
I don't have a problem with my straightness; its a part of life to have gay jokes pointed at straight people - why not like Airox have straight jokes pointed at Gay people? Again; I did not say it does - maybe a bracket to describe my intention would have been helpful? I don't; and again I was not referring to you at all anyway. I use the stereoypes because I refer to the general mass of Gay people - a figure with not personality and so I must use the stereotypes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giancarlo
Hypocrite. You are nothing but a stereotyping close-minded person. Does this mean, since I'm gay I cry at girly movies? I don't even watch chick flicks.
No; it doesn't. It means my stereotype in my mind from the experiences with Gay people has lead me to believe that this is how a majority percentile of Gay people act. I do not say it is true; I say it is how I see gay people from my perspective in a remote Country Town in the South of England. Another bracket would have been helpful maybe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giancarlo
No, you're just a hypocrite. You only believe gay people should be treated at an inferior level as they are now. I demand equal rights, not special rights.
I'm sure you think I do. But up to now equal is what I have talked to you as; but in doing that I have some how offended you? I did not use brackets; I did not treat you differently; I talked to you like a straight guy or a girl or a lesbian were I to know one. This has lead me to that. This has lead Airox to offending you too? He only made a joke he would make to a straight person - which should be more offending to a straight person because they are not gay whereas you are.

Mods can come in here and stop this if they want; I just couldn't turn down the oppertunity for a debate.
__________________
A Knight is sworn to Honour. His heart knows only Virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His might upholds the Weak. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the Wicked.
Lord Kalthorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 11:22 PM   #44
Golden Master
 
athlon64fx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 6,153
Send a message via MSN to athlon64fx
Default Re: Something Intel dont have which amd do.

awww c'mon guys.....
athlon64fx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 11:24 PM   #45
In Runtime
 
moneyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 422
Send a message via AIM to moneyman Send a message via MSN to moneyman
Default Re: Something Intel dont have which amd do.

Well then.

[ontopic]


That's the non-sexual based picture (for me to stay out of this...)

And out of the kindness of my heart, I made it to no specific sexual preference.

If requested, I could make one for either sexual preference, otherwise I will keep it this way.

I myself think that the girls look funny, very trashy.

And that's coming from a guy living in a Trailor. xD
moneyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004, 12:15 AM   #46
BSOD
 
Giancarlo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 4,788
Send a message via AIM to Giancarlo
Default Re: Something Intel dont have which amd do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Kalthorn
Are you? I'd like to think I treat a gay person like a straight person; other than the obvious fact that I wouldn't discuss sexual positions which a gay person (that was a joke).
Well, I don't let my sexual orientation define me, nor do most gay people I know. All we want is equal rights, and because of people like you, we are denied that. And your jokes are crap.

Quote:
I'm sure it is; but the fact that at very least over 90% of people (I don't know the percentage; so I set it low so not to offend you incase I went too high) - so instead of cancelling all forms of romance and straight programs off the TV they satisfy the Majority; you defending Democracy earlier should understand that theory?
You ever hear of the term "tyranny of the majority". African americans were discriminated the way gay people are. I request that we either get some forms of media (Queer Eye for the Straight Guy is a good start, but is not a romance...). You are defending tyranny of the majority, a true form of Hitlerism.

Quote:
Not only that; but there are a good deal of shows with Gay people in and silly Gay problem shows (they're silly when they're straight problem shows) which put me off; so. You don't; I referred to nothing about you in that and if anything you've been a little backward with sexual referrence on the Forum.
Good deal of shows? Queer As Folk? Boy Meets Boy? I don't like either show. I don't think they represent us (Queer As Folk for example certainly does not represent me). Don't accuse me of being backwards.. you are the one who is. There aren't even close to being a "good deal" of shows.

Quote:
I think the bracketed comments approve not the theory that gays want to have special treatment; but that straight people often have to be cautious of offending gays
No kidding. I don't want to be hurt by people being insensitive as yourself. You don't really care about other people, so that makes you like many others out there. You probably wouldn't care if you called somebody "a fucking fag", like I get called sometimes. So your little rantings of how insulting jokes should be accepted is null and void.

Quote:
If gays did not believe that straight people were trying to offend them; then I would not feel I needed to do this would I?
This is stupid because there are many millions out there intending to insult and offend gay people. So how can we tell when you are trying not to, when you state the same jokes as those who do want to offend? How can we tell? We get pushed around, beaten up, assaulted and murdered. You would never get that for being straight. That's why we feel hurt when people slam us.

Quote:
I use the stereoypes because I refer to the general mass of Gay people - a figure with not personality and so I must use the stereotypes.
You referring to the general mass of gay people is pretty faulty, as most don't fall into those stupid stereotypes. Believe me I know.

Quote:
It means my stereotype in my mind from the experiences with Gay people has lead me to believe that this is how a majority percentile of Gay people act. I do not say it is true; I say it is how I see gay people from my perspective in a remote Country Town in the South of England. Another bracket would have been helpful maybe?
The way you see things is totally wrong. These stereotypes only speak of a small minority of gay people, like the stereotype of all tall people being basketball players. Since one is tall does not make them a basketball player. Majority percentile? Stop speaking like you know what the majority of gay people are like. I know what they are like because most of my friends are gay/bi.

Quote:

Mods can come in here and stop this if they want; I just couldn't turn down the oppertunity for a debate.
I don't want to be offended by cheap jokes like the ones you great insensitive people use. These jokes shouldn't even be said. I think you're being ridiculous with your assumptions of others, and I think your stereotypes are none less then plain homophobic.
Giancarlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004, 06:07 AM   #47
Golden Master
 
athlon64fx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 6,153
Send a message via MSN to athlon64fx
Default Re: Something Intel dont have which amd do.

awwww.......please......
athlon64fx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004, 10:44 AM   #48
In Runtime
 
moneyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 422
Send a message via AIM to moneyman Send a message via MSN to moneyman
Default Re: Something Intel dont have which amd do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giancarlo
This is stupid because there are many millions out there intending to insult and offend gay people.
And he ISN'T one of those millions, from what I have seen both of you say, he is trying to as nice as possible, then you come back and slam him by calling him, A Nazi and Hitler.

[provingpoint]
You are doing EXACTLY what he is doing (kinda) only to a dif. group, you are calling him something he is not, like you are saying he is grouping you into a category that you do not belong to.

You're saying he is "using false sterotypes, that only define a small majority of gay people" and you are turning around and calling him a Nazi ruller. That's uncalled for.

He is not running around and MURDERING people for their beliefes, he is simply stating what he knows, he said it himself that he doesn't know a lot of gay people, so what HE has to go off of is the things that he sees on T.V. and hears on the radio and in songs, he has nothing else to go by.

Maybe if he hung around more gay people he would "see the light" then you would both get each other, and this would all not matter.

But since he doesn't seem to know any, I think that he will STILL continue using the sterotypes that the TV has givin him, because he has nothing else to go by.

If you would be nicer and more accepting to his "close minded" ways then you could show to him that all gays are not flowery, like they portray in movies and on TV, don't be negative about it, and call him a Nazi.

I think that both of you should be more accepting, Lord Kalthorn you should listen more, Giancarlo you should learn to be more respectful to peoples not knowing.

You are "punishing" (I put in quotes for a reason, cause he's not REALLY... but that's all I could think of) him for what he doesn't know.

Be a teacher Giancarlo!

Be a studen Lord Kalthorn!

THEN

Be a teacher Lord Kalthron!

Be a student Giancarlo!

(said so that one learns the other, then the other learns the other... get it?)[/provingpoint]

I wouldn't've liked to get in on this, but I felt I had to. If there are any hard feelings twords me, if you think I have done anything wrong, tell me and I will apologize.

(hope this wasn't out of line, it just felt like it was called for... for you to stop bickering)
moneyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004, 12:51 PM   #49
BSOD
 
Giancarlo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 4,788
Send a message via AIM to Giancarlo
Default Re: Something Intel dont have which amd do.

You don't to seem to understand the sensitivity of this all. This is my life you are talking about, being gay is part of who I am. I am offended by even assumptions or stereotypes. I get them everyday and brush them off but I must state the facts.
Giancarlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004, 01:00 PM   #50
Golden Master
 
135791's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: No
Posts: 5,427
Send a message via MSN to 135791
Default Re: Something Intel dont have which amd do.

calm it down and stop getting at each other

this thread will have to be locked couse ur all just making enemys of everyone
__________________

135791 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:13 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0