Some Updates:

BF2player

BSOD
I've been hard at work in editing and creating Schnelle (has to be renamed because a game already has that name). Thought I'd show some SS's of the new map and screens.

Also any suggestions for in game music is open. Since it's free ware, they can't sue me or anything. They can ask me to stop using their music though, but I seriously doubt they would care at all. Also, I'm not sure about this, but is the game considered a public demonstration of the music?

demo6.jpg

demo5.jpg

they can sue you. I would go to like freepodcastmusic.com or some other public domain music site, and get muic from there. and in the lava, do you actually sink and burn?

they can sue you. I would go to like freepodcastmusic.com or some other public domain music site, and get muic from there. and in the lava, do you actually sink and burn?

Hmm, that seems like a good idea. I'll check some music on there. No, you don't burn up, u just get stuck and have to reset your car. I'd like to try to get a function that would do that, but I'm not sure how to do that. Maybe in the future.

www.incompetech.com Free music to use if it's for use in a non-profit thing. There are a bunch of different types of music to choose from and the guy won't sue you since it's free to use... I use that music in my short films all the time now.

how complicated is it to create a game of this level? I know that is a very open question but I have never look into it at all

how complicated is it to create a game of this level? I know that is a very open question but I have never look into it at all

I'm not gonna say it's complicated. It's just very time consuming. It took me 1 week to do that, and I'm still not done.

hmmm. What sorts of things do you have to do to get what you got? I know it's not straight programming or anything....or at least I don't think it is....can you give some examples of tasks that take this time?

hmmm. What sorts of things do you have to do to get what you got? I know it's not straight programming or anything....or at least I don't think it is....can you give some examples of tasks that take this time?

1. I have to search google for the textures I want and convert them all to 256 by 256 which takes a few minutes. Also, if the textures aren't what I want or do not look good in the map, I just wasted my time.

2. You have to make about 3 copies of the textures.

3. Adding all the barriers to the map (about 200 to 500) 1 by 1 and lining them absolutely perfectly.

4. Making the models for the cars, and trying to get them to work right. Sometimes the wheels don't work, or u get mounted upside down, or the car is the size of an egg. It's irritating...

That's about all I think of that really gets on my nerves.

Back
Top Bottom