some advice?

Taylor1

Daemon Poster
so we had to register for our classes next year (senior year) and i was thinking about taking intro to computer programming. I want to major in computer engineering, should i take this class?

Geometry? Wouldn't algebra/calculus be a more appropriate class to prepare for programming?

If you want to major in computer engineering, definitely take this class. Why wouldn't you?

At my school you need to have taken Algebra 1 Geometry and Algrebra 2 before you can take the computer programming class.

So i wont be able to take it until at least my junior year :(

Why not? It would give you background so it won't be so surprising when you get into taking college courses. You'll enjoy it much more, as you'll already have a foundation to build on. Go ahead, take the class.

At my school you have to have at least Algebra 1 for computer science, which is programming I think... So if you are a sophomore and smart enough... I think I signed up for it next year, lol, don't remember what I signed up for, I guess if they put me in something I won't really know...

Geometry? Wouldn't algebra/calculus be a more appropriate class to prepare for programming?

If you want to major in computer engineering, definitely take this class. Why wouldn't you?

actually almost no math is required for programming. most of the programmer i know are terrible at math. like college algebra style

but def take the programming course, it will make it so easy in college, as long as youre doing the same type of programming (java, c++ etc) when i took calc in high school calc in college was really easy

actually almost no math is required for programming. most of the programmer i know are terrible at math. like college algebra style

If you take it in college though, you take a lot of math. Example, I'm going for software engineering and I need to go through calc 4 or 5.

from an engineering standpoint yes (and i did just remember thats what he wants) but basic programming no. i have yet to meet a programmer that made it past calc 1

Back
Top Bottom