Sold my guns and raised money

Went to the range today and adjusted the sights. I got it where I'm staying inside the 2" circles at 25 yards, the tightest being 3/4"-1" (toward the end). That's at 25 yards and I'm set up for close range, my purpose is home defense.

Hopefully you'll never have to use it for home defense, but one beautiful gun indeed. For the purpose of home defense, you probably only need one gun anyhow.. unless the zombie apocalypse happens. ;-)

Went to the range today and adjusted the sights. I got it where I'm staying inside the 2" circles at 25 yards, the tightest being 3/4"-1" (toward the end). That's at 25 yards and I'm set up for close range, my purpose is home defense.

Not a good home defense weapon. The 5.56 round like the 7.62 round is supersonic. Meaning it has a supersonic shockwave around it in flight. It kills by forming a cavity in soft tissue utilizing the supersonic shockwave. As the round exits or slows down in the tissue, the cavity collapses. This is what kills the target.

This is what makes this a weapon not to be used in home defense. The amount of energy the round has makes it able to penetrate wallboard and even solid doors. It will rip through most modern building materials and only lose a fraction of its energy. If your wife and kids are in the path of that round, it will not stop to question who it is. It will, without mercy, kill anything in its path.

Get a shotgun instead. You'd be amazed at how bad you can f**k some one up with bird shot and rock salt. And those blast rounds don't penetrate walls endangering innocent bystanders.

In my opinion you made the wrong choice.

223 is a better because the bullet fragments, even in soft tissue so it's less likely to over penetrate. The ammo I'm loaded with is not barrier proof. I have two boxes of 556 that has a steel tip so that would be dangerous to use around the house as it's barrier proof.

Not only that but the "click-click" sound of a 12-gauge being pumped is a very recognizable sound and often enough to deter perps from even attempting to break-in.

Of course you could actually use some logic and realize that the odds of you ever needing a weapon of any kind for home defense is very small. If you wish to worry about something dangerous that might actually happen, worry about the odds that you'll get killed in car accident on the way to or from the store to buy rounds for your home defense weapon! The odds are much greater of that happening.

LOL, that's true. :lol:

Your risks is higher on the street than it is in your own home. I carry my 40 in my car because we have Motorist Protection Act in effect but no good toward a drunk driver.

We have plenty of 'em here, it's bad.

Back
Top Bottom