Sold my computer, got new build.

joxley1990

Golden Master
Hey, well just sold my computer! Well yesterday night..

I got £500 for it. I decided I didn't game enough for the power I had, and I had only filled 75GB worth of space, on the 430GB space I had.

So I got the £500, went out straight after school, and bought a load more parts. I already had the processor, Pentium 4 S478, had it lying around for agers, so I didn't have to buy the processor.

So my specs now are..

Pentium 4 @ 2.00Ghz - (I do plan to overclock)

512MB Dual Channel RAM at 166Mhz (Again, overclocking soon)

80 GB HDD (Maybe, I might get another one if I need it in the future. I spread the 75GB worth of files I had over the network, and put them all on external hard drives with act as NAS - kinda cool)

Got another FX 5500 - Which I will come onto in a minute..

Again, got another Asrock P4 Dual 880 PRO - I loved this board, and they didn't really have anything else in stock.

DVD +/- Burner + Secondary CD Drive

I know you will all be like, well thats just stupid, downgrading your computer, but this is good enough, I dont really game, I only play the odd one, which I can play on max. settings.

GPU: The 5500 I bought is not amazing..128MB memory..so as soon as I had the option, I overclocked it.

Stock, it comes as..

Core Clock Frequency: 250Mhz
Memory Clock Frequency: 332 Mhz

I overclocked this to:

Core Clock Frequency: 315Mhz
Memory Clock Frequency: 450Mhz

Im rather happy with that, what do you guys think? Again, ill prob. go and overclock more, but is that an OK overclock?

I haven't been on here alot lately I am sorry to say...I've been working on opening my forum, which is going to be good once we get more members. Im back as I used to be now, ready and keen to post :p

Heh 430 GIGS :) thats what I will have pretty soon and I forseen myself using that pretty fast as well.

Unless your computer is a proper server, there is no need really. Mine was a server, but all the other computers have like 80GB space already, so people just kept their stuff on their computer.

I dont have the option to view that for some reason..uumm..

Ive got a fan blowing onto it though...

Speedfan wont show me either.

That card doesnt have on board temperature sensors, its not overheating or you would know about it. Nice setup if its fit for its purpose.

No sensor. Thats why. I think it wasn't until the later FX series cards that nVidia even bothered with them. (like FX5600 and beyond.)

Well, since you don't game, I guess it's an ok system. s478 p4 2.0ghz northy is a pretty nice workstation CPU. Wouldn't mind having one of those for a workstation.

nice setup forgot wat ur old setup was but i guess doesnt really matter now anyways. sold my gamin rig too and making a semi decent rig when i get all the money.

Renegadeandy said:
That card doesnt have on board temperature sensors, its not overheating or you would know about it. Nice setup if its fit for its purpose.

Well I had the option a while back, when I first got the card, and I downloaded the latest drivers and its not there.

The heatsink doesnt get hot though..

And the CPU isant that bad for non-extreme gaming, its pretty good.

Back
Top Bottom