Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 02-18-2005, 02:12 AM   #21
Fully Optimized
 
rakedog's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 2,718
Send a message via AIM to rakedog
Default

Quote:
Again the straw man attacks and emotional arguments. There are shootings everyday in the US. 41,000 people died on the highways in the US last year. What about them? Iraq deserves a fucking democracy and you can't say otherwise.
You and I both know that people getting shot and killed by terrorists and rebels is far different then people who lose control of a car. One is preventable, the other one (practically) is not.

Quote:
Although most of his statements are logical fallacies (straw-man attacks)...
Thanks for being really kind and nice to me.........
__________________

__________________
hackthissite.org (criticalsecurity.net) | gentoo.org

The best argument against evolution are creationists themselves. They prove that life is devolving rather than evolving.
rakedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005, 02:12 AM   #22
BSOD
 
Giancarlo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 4,788
Send a message via AIM to Giancarlo
Default Re: Social Security troubles may lead to tax raises

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofx
I think that he had very strong arguments and he knew what he was talking about. But I wouldnt know what Im talking about I'm not a conservative I'm a liberal
Look, most of his arguments I see on here are weak and are backed by logical fallacies. Mostly ones that try to appeal to emotions by exaggerating things. Thank goodness, you aren't eligible voters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakedog
You and I both know that people getting shot and killed by terrorists and rebels is far different then people who lose control of a car. One is preventable, the other one (practically) is not.
Oh fucking hell. People have been getting shot and killed by terrorists in Israel and the Israelis have held onto their democratic traditions. It'll take money and lives, but it will be worth it. That's the same thing what the allies said when getting rid of Hitler. And no you can't prevent car accidents.. they are caused by bad conditions like the weather mostly. That's something we can't contrl. Furthermore, we are trying our best in Iraq. Now lay off the ad hominems, logical fallacies, and attacks against the troops.
__________________

Giancarlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005, 02:14 AM   #23
Fully Optimized
 
NOFX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 1,797
Default Re: Social Security troubles may lead to tax raises

Giancarlo I'm more worried that you are an eligible voter. Plus what the hells that supposed to mean, because we have strong views we shouldnt have a say in a democracy where everyone is EQUAL
__________________
3.0GHZ INTEL PRESCOTT CPU
1 GIG KINGSTON RAM
200 GB WESTERN DIGITAL HD
RADEON X800 PRO
JOIN RG Forums its Hella Good!!!
NOFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005, 02:15 AM   #24
Golden Master
 
alvino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 19,967
Send a message via AIM to alvino
Default Re: Social Security troubles may lead to tax raises

LOL Good thing I'm a spectator.
alvino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005, 02:16 AM   #25
BSOD
 
Giancarlo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 4,788
Send a message via AIM to Giancarlo
Default Re: Social Security troubles may lead to tax raises

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofx
Giancarlo I'm more worried that you are an eligible voter. Plus what the hells that supposed to mean, because we have strong views we shouldnt have a say in a democracy where everyone is EQUAL
Why are you worried about me exercising my democratic right as being over the age of 18? Your views are misled and misfounded.. almost influenced by some sources. I'm a libertarian... I'm a very independent person. I'm also registered non-partisan as a voter. I never said you shouldn't have a say. I'm saying you should inform yourselves properly before you get 18.
Giancarlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005, 02:19 AM   #26
Fully Optimized
 
NOFX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 1,797
Default Re: Social Security troubles may lead to tax raises

You said thank god we are not eligible voters. Obviously you are insinuating that we are to stupid to vote because we dont agree with you.
__________________
3.0GHZ INTEL PRESCOTT CPU
1 GIG KINGSTON RAM
200 GB WESTERN DIGITAL HD
RADEON X800 PRO
JOIN RG Forums its Hella Good!!!
NOFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005, 02:20 AM   #27
BSOD
 
Giancarlo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 4,788
Send a message via AIM to Giancarlo
Default Re: Social Security troubles may lead to tax raises

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofx
You said thank god we are not eligible voters. Obviously you are insinuating that we are to stupid to vote because we dont agree with you.
I'm saying you aren't informed right... I'm happy you aren't eligible voters because you would vote on emotional strawmans.. and not facts.
Giancarlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005, 02:20 AM   #28
Fully Optimized
 
rakedog's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 2,718
Send a message via AIM to rakedog
Default

Quote:
And no you can't prevent car accidents.. they are caused by bad conditions like the weather mostly. That's something we can't contrl.
Quote:
the other one (practically) is not.
Read more carefully buddy.

Dude, we honestly got too many problems at home... crime rates, inadequate gun control, envirmental problems, poverty, defecit, poor education and medical funding, social security....... And we're paying to buy bombs and bullets. I'm not saying we shouldn't be liberating people. I'm saying we should at least stabalize our own country first. At least get it to where it was in 2000 or earlier..
__________________
hackthissite.org (criticalsecurity.net) | gentoo.org

The best argument against evolution are creationists themselves. They prove that life is devolving rather than evolving.
rakedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005, 02:23 AM   #29
BSOD
 
Giancarlo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 4,788
Send a message via AIM to Giancarlo
Default Re: Social Security troubles may lead to tax raises

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakedog
Dude, we honestly got too many problems at home... crime rates, inadequate gun control, envirmental problems, poverty, defecit, poor education and medical funding, social security....... And we're paying to buy bombs and bullets. I'm not saying we shouldn't be liberating people. I'm saying we should at least stabalize our own country first. At least get it to where it was in 2000 or earlier..
Every nation has problems at home. Also crime rates have noted a substantial decline in the last few years. It has been pretty good. Additionally inadequate gun control? WTF? It is our right to bear arms. The rights of the citizens. Additionally environmental problems? Bush is addressing that by restricting the level of arsenic in water by 70%. Something Clinton never managed to do. Deficit? That's declining. Poverty is low and has remained steady. Education is pretty decent in this country.. there is room for improvement.. but Bush's plan has done pretty well. And we have money to pay for a military afterall this. You need to argue with facts, and not emotional strawmans. It would really hlep you. Stabilize our own country first? Here we go again with yet another strawman attack. It doesn't quite work out does it? At least get it to whwere it was in 2000 or earlier? WTF? The economy is growing and is just as good as it was back in 1999. So please spare me. BTW, the deficit was showing signs of growing towards the end of the Clinton adminstration. It is a natural cycle, like the business cycle. The economy is good, the country is in good shape and headed on the right course. You just don't like anything because Bush is incharge. I hate to break this to you but I'm more happy now then I was under the Clinton adminstration.
Giancarlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005, 02:23 AM   #30
Fully Optimized
 
rakedog's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 2,718
Send a message via AIM to rakedog
Default

Quote:
I'm saying you aren't informed right... I'm happy you aren't eligible voters because you would vote on emotional strawmans.. and not facts.
So after the hundreds of political debate posts that I have posted on this forum, you're saying that I'm not informed, and that I do not know what I'm talking about. We've been debating since september... Sure we might not agree, but are you honestly saying to my face that my personal opinions are not informed? You might as well tell me to go tell me to jump off a cliff. I study my stuff. Just because I don't agree with you, doesn't mean I'm misguided and not informed. I'm simply not agreeing with you. And that is natural...
__________________

__________________
hackthissite.org (criticalsecurity.net) | gentoo.org

The best argument against evolution are creationists themselves. They prove that life is devolving rather than evolving.
rakedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:14 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0