Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 07-21-2008, 12:53 PM   #1
xxcobraxx

Default So is it true?

If their was no war we'd be better of with the rates? Its costing us to much this war.

Don't you think?

Old 07-21-2008, 03:43 PM   #2
Fully Optimized

Send a message via MSN to BrynF_UK
Default Re: So is it true?

meh...people keep saying that these wars are costing us billions which could have been better spent - but lets be honest, has life changed noticeably for the worse during the first few years of the war (not including the whole "credit crunch") i dont think it has..

The money spent in this war would have just been saved up for another war i reckon, or spent on some useless "project" that would be doomed from the beginning

Visit today! ---> www.smouch.net/lol <---

Old 07-21-2008, 05:10 PM   #3
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to FlightSimBoy

They say we could have ended all poverty in the US with the money spent in Iraq. We could have also fixed every single road and bride in the US with just one years worth of the money spent there. I don't remember my sources, but that sounds about right. Imagine how cheap gas would be right now if not for the war.

I have a feeling the stock market will crash soon. Just watch. The price of oil goes up, almost every other stock drops. The price of oil drops, almost every other stock rises. The Dow Jones Industrial is below 12K for the first time in months. I was so happy when I saw it reach 14K awhile back (Oct 1, 2007 if I remember correctly). I watched it happen on MSNBC. But that day is long gone, and will probably never happen again.
My Computer: eMachines T5226 - Intel Pentium D Dual Core @ 3 GHz - Diamond Viper Radeon HD3870 OC Edition with 1 GB GDDR3 VRAM - 4 GB PQi Turbo DDR2-533 RAM - Corsair 650W PSU with 52A on single rail - TSSTcorp DVD-DL+-RW combo drive - Lite-on 52x CD-RW burner - Creative SoundBlaster X-Fi XtremeGamer - Logitech z5300e speakers - WinFast TV Tuner - Vista Ultimate 64-Bit. eBay name: Flightsimboy304
FlightSimBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 05:53 PM   #4
xxcobraxx

that wounds wicked lol yer i agre but i'm from uk
Old 07-21-2008, 06:12 PM   #5
Fully Optimized

The price of oil has nothing to do with the war. Its because other countries are starting to use more oil so the price goes up even though larger nations like the US demand has gone down slightly. There is a supply shortage, right now there is more demand than supply. A few years ago it was the other way around.
Old 07-21-2008, 06:23 PM   #6
Guru

Gas prices have dropped recently. And I mean very recently. I think the war did take $$ from other things, but like mentioned above some of it would probably have gone to waste on some useless project.
JogaBonito1502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 07:19 PM   #7
Fully Optimized

Send a message via Yahoo to bullzi Send a message via Skype™ to bullzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlightSimBoy View Post
They say we could have ended all poverty in the US with the money spent in Iraq. We could have also fixed every single road and bride in the US with just one years worth of the money spent there. I don't remember my sources, but that sounds about right. Imagine how cheap gas would be right now if not for the war.

I have a feeling the stock market will crash soon. Just watch. The price of oil goes up, almost every other stock drops. The price of oil drops, almost every other stock rises. The Dow Jones Industrial is below 12K for the first time in months. I was so happy when I saw it reach 14K awhile back (Oct 1, 2007 if I remember correctly). I watched it happen on MSNBC. But that day is long gone, and will probably never happen again.
first off, nothing will ever solve poverty, nothing will. as much as we'd like that to happen it wont, too many people are addicted to drugs and live that kind of lifestyle and theres no way we can change that.

second, as hascet said, the war hasnt effected oil. if it has, its affected it a very little amount. the fact of the matter is, china is becoming a super power, they are building an entire highway system in 10 years when it took us 50-60 to build ours. they are growing soo rapidly and using so many resources they are our main competitor for oil currently. its going to be very interesting to see what happens to china...

bullzi is offline   Reply With Quote