So...I'm returning to the high school classroom

Computer Head

Fully Optimized
It's been a few years since I had the pleasure of being a high school student, and a program that my honor club was promoting peaked my interest. It's called Junior Achievement, and basically volunteers teach courses about career skills and such to students anywhere from K-12. Anything from the difference between a nickel and a dime to the entire manufacturing process and how to manage each department. Some of these topics are even interesting for me. I am teaching a class to high school freshmen on Friday at the college campus about choosing the right career for your taste. And from there, I plan to teach more courses to different age levels. They provide all the teaching materials, I just have to deliver the course. I'm rather looking forward to it.

LOL I have already decided that I will be casual. I am not going to make them call me Mr. Computer Head or anything like that. I believe that not being so formal and being able to joke around and be a little goofy actually helps students interact. Most of this seminar is activities instead of lecture anyway, so it works out great.

Back
Top Bottom