So, I am investing $100,000 in an hour...

superman22x

Golden Master
For the stock market challenge. I have been searching all over for stocks doing good... The only ones I have found doing the same as 2007 is Volkswagon. Any other recommendations?

When will people understand, nobody can read the stock market, one day it will go up one day it will go down.

Go buy the finical times tomorrow and take a look at the stocks

I suggest you put stock in a weak business to start off with, as weak business's can do very well.

Anyway enjoy and goodluck

What I mean by weak business? A new business with less shares

When will people understand, nobody can read the stock market, one day it will go up one day it will go down.

Go buy the finical times tomorrow and take a look at the stocks

I suggest you put stock in a weak business to start off with, as weak business's can do very well.

Anyway enjoy and goodluck

What I mean by weak business? A new business with less shares

While day-to-day or even month-to-month projections may be prudent, you can make vague long-term prediction regarding certain stocks. Such as investing in a prominent power company in a nation such as Inida. Day-to-day it might not do too well, but over the course of a couple years the stock will probably rise due to the high demand for electricity.

Well, I am looking for anything that isnt half of there value last year... We can only invest in certain stocks, almost all of them, but volkswagon wasnt one of them! kinda made me angry, cause it's a huge company, and it's not recognized by this thing... And it was doing good over the last year.

Try Southern Company (SO). It's the power company I work for (technically I am contracted). But the Southeast is expanding fast and it's sure to expand to meet the growing demand for electricity here in the SE.

I'm currently taking advanced economics so I have been investing a lot in the market lately.

Big companies doing good for me:
Intel (INTC), Oracle (ORCL), Microsoft (MSFT), Fannie Mae (FNM) and Google (GOOG). Yesterday was a horrible day for the market but Fannie Mae went up like 14 percent so I still gained. I just sold it today, though-- I don't trust this crazy housing market.

It's probably too late now but Beer companies (BUD, STZ) are great stocks for Q1-Q2, however, factoring in rational expectations, it's probably too late.

Don't be afraid to use your consumer knowledge to help investments(market saturation/favorite companies), but remember to check out their trends. If you screw up, it's okay, we're in a recession, and your stocks will eventually go back up.

It's a large, complicated market, and it helps a lot more if you have some background in econ, but you can still do okay if you don't. Good luck!

I personally have been thinking about investing in some Wal-Mart (WMT) stock. Their shares have had a pretty good holding in the market. Just look at the recent trends: http://finance.google.com/finance?client=ob&q=WMT

Just today, they reached the highest value in 3 years. Even if I buy some and we go into a worse recession than we are in, I know the stock will be worth something down the road.

Back
Top Bottom