Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 12-09-2008, 03:44 PM   #11
Golden Master

Send a message via MSN to superman22x Send a message via Yahoo to superman22x
Default Re: Snow Day...

^^ So do I... especially my senior year, and today was a review day for calc final...
I just bought the Dark Knight. But Wal-Mart is freaking retarded, I had to buy the two disk special edition to get a widescreen version... Cost $26, while a normal version would have cost $15, but all they had was fullscreen... No wonder it cost $15, you are only getting half the movie...

Old 12-09-2008, 04:37 PM   #12
Guru

4" here, roads froze. I was driving home from school and I was taking my friend home on the way. I was turning onto his house and the roads wouldn't let me lol. They steered me into the opposite lane, which was empty. I was going pretty slow too, less than 10mph. Fun experience though, my first snow skid.

JogaBonito1502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 04:52 PM   #13
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to Cabbs

Good thing you went slow, people around here don't have a clue about driving in the snow. I remember I was passed by a guy going pretty fast and I was doing about 20, even that was a little too fast.
Old 12-09-2008, 04:59 PM   #14
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to ߧ∩H♠H䎀

Quote:
Originally Posted by superman22x View Post
^^ So do I... especially my senior year, and today was a review day for calc final...
I just bought the Dark Knight. But Wal-Mart is freaking retarded, I had to buy the two disk special edition to get a widescreen version... Cost $26, while a normal version would have cost $15, but all they had was fullscreen... No wonder it cost $15, you are only getting half the movie...
All I can say is you won't be disappointed man. I picked up the Blu Ray special edition and just got finished watching it. All I can say is WOW, the Imax sequences in the film are amazing.

Crank up the surround sound and kick back because this movie kicks ass!
ߧ∩H♠H䎀 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 05:04 PM   #15
Golden Master

Almost through with it now, I love this movie. My surround sound must not be very good... I hardly ever hear anything behind me. Plus there is a loose wire I think, if I bump the sub or center speaker, the right side turns off... I might update sometime in the spring, as I am starting a better job, and I think a soundcard might help.... Could be a faulty onboard sound card, as I do have faulty onboard USB. Might be more bad things too.
Old 12-09-2008, 05:08 PM   #16
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabbs View Post
Good thing you went slow, people around here don't have a clue about driving in the snow. I remember I was passed by a guy going pretty fast and I was doing about 20, even that was a little too fast.
I was doing my turn slow. Driving in the snow at 10mph would get me no where. I'd probably drive at those speeds if I was on ice (which is why I didn't turn, the road was icy). The snow here is already pretty mushy and you can drive comfortably at 20-25mph.
Old 12-09-2008, 06:07 PM   #17
Golden Master

hehe, I drive 55, unless it's really bad. My tires never slide unless it's black ice though. Side lugs help SOO much in snow...I can't even MAKE it slide... unless I really try.
Old 12-09-2008, 06:11 PM   #18
Guru

Lol my car is super light, has no abs, and is not 4x4.
Old 12-09-2008, 06:25 PM   #19
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to FlightSimBoy

Snow and ice are not good for my truck. It is RWD and naturally the back end of a truck is lighter than the front end, so less weight means less traction. My truck is a standard, and I kid you not, you can take off and not give it any gas at all and the back tires will still spin. Those tires are only about a year old anyway. Oh, it will also fishtail a little going around a sharp turn no matter what speed you are going or how much gas you are giving it.

I much prefer standard in bad road conditions though. You have much more control over the vehicle than automatic. I just wish my truck was 4WD.
My Computer: eMachines T5226 - Intel Pentium D Dual Core @ 3 GHz - Diamond Viper Radeon HD3870 OC Edition with 1 GB GDDR3 VRAM - 4 GB PQi Turbo DDR2-533 RAM - Corsair 650W PSU with 52A on single rail - TSSTcorp DVD-DL+-RW combo drive - Lite-on 52x CD-RW burner - Creative SoundBlaster X-Fi XtremeGamer - Logitech z5300e speakers - WinFast TV Tuner - Vista Ultimate 64-Bit. eBay name: Flightsimboy304
FlightSimBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 06:30 PM   #20
Golden Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlightSimBoy View Post
Snow and ice are not good for my truck. It is RWD and naturally the back end of a truck is lighter than the front end, so less weight means less traction. My truck is a standard, and I kid you not, you can take off and not give it any gas at all and the back tires will still spin. Those tires are only about a year old anyway. Oh, it will also fishtail a little going around a sharp turn no matter what speed you are going or how much gas you are giving it.

I much prefer standard in bad road conditions though. You have much more control over the vehicle than automatic. I just wish my truck was 4WD.
Dude, you dont know until you drive a ranger, lol. I have a 2wd Ranger, regular cab... We are talking 3200lbs with me in it... My old bald tires... terrible. My new General Grabber AT2... DOMINATION!!