Smoking and you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
NOFX said:
haha, I believe that tobacco companies and their owners would also be at the top of that most succesful buisiness capitalist list.

That's because you have an anti-capitalist agenda, even though you are up to your arm pits in capitalism. Use deodorant? Those too are made by corporations. The businesses at the top... are General Electric, Standard Oil Co (Now Exxon Mobil I believe), Shell, Ikea, Microsoft.. etc..

My dad is a capitalist he is the CEO of a large lawfirm so dont patronise me. Im only saying that tobacco companies are also very succesful capitalist buisinesses. Its not anti-capitalist its the truth.

NOFX said:
My dad is a capitalist he is the CEO of a large lawfirm so dont patronise me. Im only saying that tobacco companies are also very succesful capitalist buisinesses. Its not anti-capitalist its the truth.

I know it is the truth and I never denied it. I'm just wondering why you bash capitalism so much. Capitalism does produce mistakes, but so do human beings.

You never asked me why I bashed capitalism, you just accused me of bashing capitalism. I was simply pointing out that tobacco companies and their owners are some of the most succesful capitalist on earth.

I'm saying in fact, they aren't the most successful capitalists. If they were, they wouldn't be penalized so heavily. In fact I believe philip morris had to go into different industries because tobacco was no longer profitable.

I believe that many capitalist companies, have their fingers in other industries, makes them more money.

I care, because you made the point that Phillip Morris, was using other industries to make profits, I pointed out that this is not a rare occurance in the world of capitalism.

NOFX said:
I care, because you made the point that Phillip Morris, was using other industries to make profits, I pointed out that this is not a rare occurance in the world of capitalism.

I don't really care. It just shows Phillip Morris is finding tobacco not profitable. In fact they have gone into the food industry. You can stop your bash fest now.

So are you saying that Microsoft isnt finding the home computer industry profitable, because they are also marketing consoles. Capitalists are always CAPITALISING on different industries in order to make more profit, Donald Trump for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom