Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2008, 02:30 PM   #31
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to MikeReiner Send a message via MSN to MikeReiner Send a message via Yahoo to MikeReiner
Default Re: Smoking pot

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvino View Post
Smoking pot should be done just like drinking. You do it occasionally just to enjoy yourself and have a good time. But if you're smoking it just to get high all the time or if you're drinking just to get drunk all the time, then that's just stupid.
Pretty much. Getting drunk all the time has a negative effect on your body, which is what I don't understand about pot. Why is it illegal when alcohol isn't? They're both bad for you if done too much, yet neither leaves any harm if done sparingly..

Old 03-02-2008, 02:48 PM   #32
Daemon Poster

Send a message via AIM to Illmatic

I smoke pot once a week. Maybe less, maybe more, depends on the situation.

Just like everything else in the world, moderated use isn't very harmful and can lead to some good times.

Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
~Voltaire

Old 03-02-2008, 10:06 PM   #33
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to alvino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illmatic View Post
Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
~Voltaire
QFT. +1 for you...

It's fine to smoke and drink occasionally and socially, just don't make it an obsession or habit.
Old 03-02-2008, 10:07 PM   #34
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to CompMan

^^ and there we have it.

Completely agreed.
--objects in rearview get smaller with each shift--
Old 03-02-2008, 10:08 PM   #35
In Runtime

well im pretty young so im still going to try to stay away from it as much as i can
Old 03-02-2008, 10:11 PM   #36
Daemon Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JogaBonito1502 View Post
I totally disagree. One time could be enough to ruin your life.
A perfect example of an uneducated opinion, have you even tried it? If a person doesn't have the will power to step away from marijuana after 1 cone then they're gonna make for one hell of an alcoholic when they start drinking or even if they start smoking cigarettes because 'they're not as dangerous as marijuana' and 'I make my own so they don't have all those nasty chemicals that premades do' they're gonna be smokin 50 a day?
Old 03-02-2008, 10:13 PM   #37
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to alvino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le 3eme oeil View Post
well im pretty young so im still going to try to stay away from it as much as i can
Just don't get sucked in to the whole "I have to be drunk to be cool" thing that teenagers have these days. In some countries like Taiwan the drinking age is 18, but everyone drinks at like a gathering or at the dinner table. You know...it's just to enjoy your time and have fun.

It's not like teenagers here in America where everyone is passed out and vomiting. That's just...not cool. Makes you look pathetic to be honest...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrasher View Post
A perfect example of an uneducated opinion, have you even tried it? If a person doesn't have the will power to step away from marijuana after 1 cone then they're gonna make for one hell of an alcoholic when they start drinking or even if they start smoking cigarettes because 'they're not as dangerous as marijuana' and 'I make my own so they don't have all those nasty chemicals that premades do' they're gonna be smokin 50 a day?
I agree.
Old 03-02-2008, 10:17 PM   #38
Golden Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by JogaBonito1502 View Post
As far as the above comment goes, I totally disagree. One time could be enough to ruin your life.
And how is that? You know that weed isn't addictive right? Or at least it's not compared to cigarettes or alcohol...
Old 03-02-2008, 10:26 PM   #39
Daemon Poster

yeah I am pretty sure when it comes to marijuana being addictive it is rarely possible. Long time and heavy users can eventually become addicted to the THC due to the regular amount they smoke by experiencing withdrawl symptoms. People have to remember that it is just a plant but when others start concentrating it and lacing it with other things then that's just ridiculous.
Old 03-03-2008, 01:20 PM   #40
In Runtime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrasher View Post
yeah I am pretty sure when it comes to marijuana being addictive it is rarely possible. Long time and heavy users can eventually become addicted to the THC due to the regular amount they smoke by experiencing withdrawl symptoms. People have to remember that it is just a plant but when others start concentrating it and lacing it with other things then that's just ridiculous.
Well i always heard when you get weed from someone it almost always does have other stuff already in it so its not like pure marijuana

Closed Thread