Smoking

Its the smokers choice if they want to smoke I agree, but when I have to breath second hand smoke they are making a choice for me and that I don't agree with...

I personally try not to smoke...I do on occasion though, especially if I'm tired/stressed from a call. But I'm all for prohibiting smoking indoors though, other people's health shouldn't be jeopardized because of a certain groups personal habits. But I don't think it's right to take away a persons right to smoke if they want to.

Also if you do "ban" smoking all together some religious practices involve smoking in rituals and such so then you get involved in saying "oh that's alright" or "no you can't smoke here no matter what your religion is" so then you'd have the government regulating who can and can't smoke. Which would be more of a issue in the US that the UK I imagine because of separation of church and state in the US and alot of people get bent out of shape over crap like that...

TBH it would be impossible to ban smoking all out . I agree ban it in public places but there is no way of policing people smoking in their own homes . Look at weed and other drugs , they are banned but it dosent stop people using them and by the whole most people smoking weed dont get caght as long as they are sensble about it and do it at home away from prying eyes which i dont have a problem with . In fact i hink the british government should legalise weed and sell it in like shops the same as cigarettes . TAX it to high heavens make more money and hell the corupt politicians could have some shares in the ganja factories as well . I have no problem with what people wanna take in their own homes . And besides it would be a waste of taxpayers money trying to police people from not smoking in their own homes .
Another option would be under the current NHS in brtain smokers get free healthcare . I would make them pay if the treatment they require is a cause of smoking . That way you can price people out of smoking . Unfortunately we can all tell the politicians prolly have shares in cigarette company's and why would they wanna do this as they are making a nice wad of cash for themselves this way

Smoker? Ok, I think your an idiot, but I don't hate you.
Smoke around others? Now I think your and idiot and I hate you.
Smoke yet have the decency be alone when doing so? Fine in my book.

I got nothing against people who kill themselves and only themselves by smoking.

It would be great if they banned smoking. I hate it, no one in my family smokes, my grandma did, but she died from a burst vien near her Heart I think, not exactly sure what it was called but anyway, everyone was worried she would die a long slow death from lung cancer, but she didnt so she was lucky.
Alchohol may have the same effects on the users, but unless you break the law, no effects on the people around. Plus they say a glass of wine every day is good.

Back
Top Bottom