Slipknot

hey man, burton wanted to know the details of how I felt so blame him. And you're right, I don't listen to slipknot.

i just dont understand how you can say that the lyrics are pointless..But the bands listed below arent?

And how can you listen to all the bands that you do, and say that slipknot has no rythme?

And that joey just bangs on drums randomly?

I am not dissing any of the bands that you listen to, because i too, listen to most of them.

Spineshank
Godhead
Static X
Motograter
Rammstein
Sevendust
Fear Factory
Flaw

mark thorpe said:
theres some quality bands there :D

id like to add:

spineshank
disturbed
white zombie
rob zombie
slayer
static-x
cradle of filth
alter bridge
drowning pool
godsmack
Killswitch Engage
Orgy
Rammstein

thatll do for now :D i love all of the ones listed...

i got a load more music today...

trivium
sleeping through - the truth (god i love this album...)
dragonforce
opeth
himsa
Dimmu Borgir (dunno if anyones heard of this, but if you like black metal, get some... their a norwegian band)

yeah, thatll do for now, metal is awsome :D

Distortion, you really need to respect other bands style and music. Just because you dont like it, doesnt mean it sucks. You DISAGREE with it. Slipknot is OK. But overall. System of a down destroys slipknot :D I <3333 system of a down. *looks at signature*
The only band that i cant stand is green day. Thier older stuff is good but they became all poserish wit american idiot

Distortion88 said:
And the reason why I wanted to stress that a lot of they're music has pointless lyrics is because that's all they have to resort to. They're guitar playing sucks at least have some more meaningful lyrics.

I guess you didn't read that part, burton. I don't really care so much about lyrics because I like the music I listen to for the guitar playing and just the pure sound of the music itself. I really don't like slipknot's style of playing so I figured maybe I can respect them for good lyrics but I can't even give them that much.

And I do actually apologize for sabotaging this thread with my rantings that I have come to realize doesn't apply to everyone. But they are my opinions and be aware that people are entitled to them. If you let what I say sway your feelings about Slipknot then maybe you agree with them. If you truly believe that slipknot is one of your favorite bands then anything of the things I have stated would easily be disreguarded. I know if someone ever tries to diss any of the bands I listen to it's not going to change any of my thoughts. Maybe those who are offended should feel the same way.

edit - The Power, I didn't once say that Slipknot sucks. I mentioned once that their guitar playing sucks. At least what I did do was explain why I feel the way I do about the band so give me that respect. I could have just come on here and been like "OMFG slipknot is the gayest band ever they suck so much!!".

Metal Hammer, Feb edition 2006, opinion polls for best guitarist:

Mick Thompson, Slipknot
Nicko McBrian, Iron Maiden
Lars Ulrich, Metallica
Frosti. Minus
Taylor Hawkings, Foo Fighters

Winner last year Joey Jordison, Slipknot

their guitaring cant be that bad if theyve one the best guitarist two years in a row!!

just for the record. Im not mad at you for disagreeing...For the most part i listen to the same type of music. I just felt like debating...

The Power said:
Distortion, you really need to respect other bands style and music. Just because you dont like it, doesnt mean it sucks. You DISAGREE with it. Slipknot is OK. But overall. System of a down destroys slipknot :D I <3333 system of a down. *looks at signature*
The only band that i cant stand is green day. Thier older stuff is good but they became all poserish wit american idiot

This coming from a person who earlier on said Linkin Park sucks...
I wouldn't call a statement like that simply 'disagreeing' with it.

Way to contradict yourself genius

Back
Top Bottom