Slipknot

I have so many bad things to say about slipknot i wouldnt even know where to begin...

Well ok...to name a few things:

1) They have something like 8 or 9 band members while 4 do most of the actual playing. (Oh yeah that one guy bangs on a barrel or something for "Duality")
2) They wear pointless masks to apparently make them look "unique" and unconformist.
3) Their music sounds mostly unrhythmic (mostly pointing out the drumming and whatever you can make out from the frantic, tinny sounding guitars...yeah the bass guitar is most inaudible)
4) Almost all songs conform to the same 4 minute standard consisting of the same barely distinguishable sounds with pointless lyrics thrown in wherever possible.
5) Ok so they've got that whole "scary" look to them, i understand they want to come off with that look but wtf is the point of making songs like Vermillion II?!? They stand up there in these apparently "scary" masks while playing acoustic guitars. Who can't help but laugh?
6) Slipknot seems more focused on capitalizing on the mallcore posers that desperately go out and buy all the cheap crap that slipknot likes to call "fan-base merchandise". BS! Everyone knows it's just a sellout.
7) For some reason slipknot fans are refered to as maggots....right. I don't get it.
8) The music isn't actually metal. It's actually more like hard alternative rock. So why do they call themselves a metal band? Because they themselves don't even know what genre they're apart of.
9) That drummer Joey, I guess he's good and all, but being part of slipknot makes him a joke. The only time I can really be impressed by any of slipknot's songs is when he busts out a drum solo (but then i realize it's just someone banging on a bunch of barrels really fast which would probably impress me if anyone did it). Oops, I forgot, banging on drums in a super-quick yet unrhythmic form is not as impressive as I thought...ha! i was fooled, now I get where the fan base comes from.
10) Hell I dont know, i guess i might as well make my list an even 10 by pointing out that the few songs that anyone can make the plausible claim that they are good are few and the rest is just garbage with the purpose to fill a cd (just barely with about 15 songs to a cd).

Distortion88 said:
Well ok...to name a few things:

1) They have something like 8 or 9 band members while 4 do most of the actual playing. (Oh yeah that one guy bangs on a barrel or something for "Duality")
2) They wear pointless masks to apparently make them look "unique" and unconformist.
3) Their music sounds mostly unrhythmic (mostly pointing out the drumming and whatever you can make out from the frantic, tinny sounding guitars...yeah the bass guitar is most inaudible)
4) Almost all songs conform to the same 4 minute standard consisting of the same barely distinguishable sounds with pointless lyrics thrown in wherever possible.
5) Ok so they've got that whole "scary" look to them, i understand they want to come off with that look but wtf is the point of making songs like Vermillion II?!? They stand up there in these apparently "scary" masks while playing acoustic guitars. Who can't help but laugh?
6) Slipknot seems more focused on capitalizing on the mallcore posers that desperately go out and buy all the cheap crap that slipknot likes to call "fan-base merchandise". BS! Everyone knows it's just a sellout.
7) For some reason slipknot fans are refered to as maggots....right. I don't get it.
8) The music isn't actually metal. It's actually more like hard alternative rock. So why do they call themselves a metal band? Because they themselves don't even know what genre they're apart of.
9) That drummer Joey, I guess he's good and all, but being part of slipknot makes him a joke. The only time I can really be impressed by any of slipknot's songs is when he busts out a drum solo (but then i realize it's just someone banging on a bunch of barrels really fast which would probably impress me if anyone did it). Oops, I forgot, banging on drums in a super-quick yet unrhythmic form is not as impressive as I thought...ha! i was foole, now I get where the fan base comes from.
10) Hell I dont know, i guess i might as well make my list an even 10 by pointing out that the few songs that anyone can make the plausible claim that they are good are few and the rest is just garbage with the purpose to fill a cd (just barely with about 15 songs to a cd).

What music do you listen to that has such great points to it?

its not actually metal? have heard the song sic? or people = s**t, and thats just a small fraction. I highly disagree that, they are alternative rock. If you want alternative rock you can listen to bonjovi or somthing.

And you think joey just bangs on the drums randomly? Ive never in my life seen somone just bang on drums randomly, and make it sound good.

so my question to you is...What do you listen to?

Ok, you go ahead and try to tell a true metal fan that slipknot is metal and you're gonna get smacked down. Learn your music genres buddy. You want to know what I listen to so you can rag on me? Ok go right ahead. Here's a few:

Spineshank
Dry Kill Logic
Godhead
Ill Nino
Static X
Soilwork
Motograter
Nothingface
Rammstein
Sevendust
36 Crazyfists
40 Below Summer
Fear Factory
Flaw
Primer 55

And the reason why I wanted to stress that a lot of they're music has pointless lyrics is because that's all they have to resort to. They're guitar playing sucks at least have some more meaningful lyrics.

lol...but you think slipknot has pointless lyrics? And joeys drumming is just fast and random? WOW

motograter? Dont they have what you would call "pointless,scary" make up?

Alright I give you motograter, I expected you to say something about them. Even still I could not use many of the same reasons for disliking slipknot on them.

burton_o6 said:
loves:
slipknot===eyeless
mudvayne===everything and nothing
NIN===fragile
toolaenima
soad===phsyco
seether===
apc===three libras
pink floyd===wish you were here
DOORs==the end
radiohead===creep
sepultura===sepulnation
hatebreed===this is now
fear factory===Contagion
toadies===tyler
pixies===where is my mind
lamb of god===laid to rest

by the way...our taste in music is pretty much the same...so i dont know what your trying to prove

How about the fact that slipknot gives a bad name to the entire genre of music. Do we really want these bands coming off the "assembly line" so to speak as a method to appeal to a vulnerable fanbase and use get-rich type tactics by introducing useless merchandise and incorporating mediocre yet somehow mistakingly intriguing, unchanging standards in their music? I don't.

I agree...
Don't know exactly, but the masks actualy hurt, they say
Have you heard before I forget? The nameless? Circle is a good example here!
Yes, they do have rythem, it just varies a little throught the song
Not pointless, listen to "Pulse of the Maggots", "Before I forget", and "Purity"
research Purity, and make sense of the other two: Pulse of the maggots is saying they will stand up for fans, Before I forget is saying stay true to yourself
All of it is distinguishable
Hey, they want to express themselves.. They have to do the masks now(They have been doing it for long time) and they still want to sing those songs
Some say thay are becoming sellouts, but hey, why can't you still listen to the music?
Neither do I, but hey, what ever. I'm a maggot I guess
Hmm, Korn was metal, Korn was an influence.
And anyways... Who cares about the genre, for me it's mostly Rock, light rock, heavy rock, med rock, ect.
9) That drummer Joey, I guess he's good and all, but being part of slipknot makes him a joke. The only time I can really be impressed by any of slipknot's songs is when he busts out a drum solo (but then i realize it's just someone banging on a bunch of barrels really fast which would probably impress me if anyone did it). Oops, I forgot, banging on drums in a super-quick yet unrhythmic form is not as impressive as I thought...ha! i was fooled, now I get where the fan base comes from.
Listen closely, it doesnt seem to be random...
Umm, Sublimal Verses is over an hour long! I have not heard one of their songs without meaning...

Think of other's views before you say something out another's band! Music is a big part of my life... You kinda dissed my life here, cause slipknot is what I mostly listen to.
Don't like slipknot? Easy fix: Don't listen to them!

Back
Top Bottom