is sky broadband good?

Well BT is on the list of bad ISPs for P2P, but Sky is not.
http://www.azureuswiki.com/index.php/Bad_ISPs

If they try to block torrents, do the following:
- Change the port your client uses, and make sure you reconfigure port forwarding
- Enable encryption. Look here for how to do it in various clients:
http://torrentfreak.com/how-to-encrypt-bittorrent-traffic/
This is so your ISP can't detect that it's BitTorrent traffic. You don't want them to know it's BitTorrent traffic because many ISPs, including BT, limit the bandwidth for torrents.

i have utorrent and its got encryption enabled already. i dont usually have too many problems.
although i still dont think ive forwarded the port correctly even though it says i have. sometimes i will get real fast speeds and some times they will be slow, and my router just fcuks up in general. ill see if the homehubs better or ill have a fiddle.
the homehub has a usb slot on the back. i wonder if external hdd's can be plugged in

Dude_SE:

2381openport.PNG

That will tell you if you'r port is forwarded correctly :D

yea thats just it. i know all that stuff but the green tick is there but it says my port isnt forwarded properly :confused: ... well sometimes it will say its ok sometimes it wont.

that reminds me ... i need to get the simpsons movie :D

bt voyager 2091
i even tried portforward.com for a guide and it does the same thing.
im getting 63kb/s on a torrent now and usually when the ports not forwarded i get about 10kb/s. i should be getting 150kb/s + though.
basically i seem half way there. i might just wait till i get the homehub and try on that, although i never seem to have much luck with utorrent.

yea. ive done all of the stuff in that guide though. i recon this torrent in particular is just slow. my internet has just been slower in general lately ive found. ill just wait till i get the home hub and go from there
does anyone else have one? as long as the signal is better than my voyager 2091 ill be happy, although i cant moan too much as its been a good router.

Back
Top Bottom