Should we get a MacBook Air for our 8 year old daughter?

The parents are going to turn that girl into a spoiled little brat by giving her everything she wants. Come on... a mac book air for an 8 year old? why? why does an 8 year old need a notebook? if you're going to get an 8 year old a notebook, get them something simple like one of those asus eee pc's.

Quote by the original poster -

Ok i'll go check it out thanks for the info. I dont want to confuse my angel too much besides she is very stubborn she will end up with what she wants in the end.

damn... thought 01001010 had babies...damnit =/

WTF!~

Most of the kids that go to her school have Mac Air Book or High End Toshiba. We have to keep up with the jones.

WTF !!!!!!!

WTF!!!!!!! THIS IS UNBELIEVABLE!!!!

One of the main reasons why we never even considered the EEE PC is because it looked gimmicky besides most of the kids at her school all have either Mac Air book or Toshiba.

She does carry it with her where ever she goes - the new age kids live to live on their portable powerful pcs that also look uptodate and classy.

Time has changed my friend.

WTF!!!!!

no...this is

SPARTA!!!!!! ok ill stop

but seriously, wtf?! were do those guys LIVE? some high class neighborhood probably. that is going to be one BRATTY girl unless the girl refuses because she is smart enough to realize its of no use to her.

She does carry it with her where ever she goes - the new age kids live to live on their portable powerful pcs that also look uptodate and classy.

But what is she doing on that laptop? I have a laptop myself and I use it a lot, but I have no need to carry it wherever I go. Actually, it doesn't leave the docking station too often.

Ok i'll go check it out thanks for the info. I dont want to confuse my angel too much besides she is very stubborn she will end up with what she wants in the end.

So in other words they'll spoil her so she's the next Paris Hilton? Sounds like poor parenting to me and I'm no genius. I still don't see any reason for an 8 year old to have a mac book air other than for parental ego to say "my child has the best there is." It's rich people like that who waste their money on things like this that really piss me off.

The school is suggesting the Air for their kids, that says something about the class these families are in.

Back
Top Bottom