Short wheel base or long wheel base?

So im definetly getting a suzuki vitara but i can decide between the Long wheel base model or the short wheel base model!

Short Wheel Base:

Example Here

Pros:
  1. Its A Soft top
  2. Smaller Engine,cheaper on petrol
  3. Smaller car (Not confident in larger cars yet)
Cons:
  1. Its a soft top (Lol,More road noise)
  2. Smaller Engine (Less Power)
  3. Smaller car (Less Room for friends,camping gear,etc,etc
Long Wheel Base:

Example here

Pros:

1. More Room
  2. Bigger Engine
  3. Petrol Injected
Cons:

1. Big Car (Not too confident in larger cars yet
  2. Cost more to run
Thoughts?

I like shot wheel better, but I like how the long wheeled one looks.

You forgot the most important thing about the long wheel base model, it will ride better than a short wheel base. I'd get the long one, more room, more power, and it looks better.

I hate soft tops. You said you want a 4wd so you can go camping so if you get a short wheel base you won't be taking much stuff camping with you. I have 2 four wheel drives and do a lot of camping and you need room. Get the LWB.

I say long wheel base.
It looks better, hard top, bigger car/truck is not hard to get used to, smoother ride, more room.

Yes it will cost more to run, but I personally think that the pros out weigh the cons.

SWB also has issues with stability and rolling, FYI.

That said, if you really wana go camping with it, SWB is the thing to have. It can get places most vehicles can't.

I hate soft tops. You said you want a 4wd so you can go camping so if you get a short wheel base you won't be taking much stuff camping with you. I have 2 four wheel drives and do a lot of camping and you need room. Get the LWB.

Yeah you've got a very good point here. My mate got' a 85 Range rover and even when he goes camping along his car is still half packed with all of this camping gear (Tent,Genrator,gas bottles,etc,etc).

Tommy Boy said:
What are the wheel base measurements BTW?

The SWB is 2200mm and the LWB Is 2480. So it's really only about 20cm longer? Also the LWB is only 200kg's heavier.

Back
Top Bottom