Shit HELP!

Haha yeah, I did that when I got to school today, my hands were frost bitten (it was 20 degrees farenheight while walking to school) I forgot my gloves lol. I ran them in the water fountian which was room temp/cool (Not ice cold) and they were really red but not frost bitten anymore. Anyway I have a blister on my thumb the size of a large kidney bean :( Filled with liquid

Haha yeah, I did that when I got to school today, my hands were frost bitten (it was 20 degrees farenheight while walking to school) I forgot my gloves lol. I ran them in the water fountian which was room temp/cool (Not ice cold) and they were really red but not frost bitten anymore. Anyway I have a blister on my thumb the size of a large kidney bean :( Filled with liquid
Lol, you didn't have frostbite. This is frostbite:
http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&safe=off&resnum=0&q=frostbite&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wi

and so is this
frostbite.jpg

Well, my hands got freezer burn then :)

no, if they were red and tender, and it burned with warm water its frost bite. Its easier to get frostbite than you think. a 1st degree burn is red, 2nd is blister, and 3rd the skin is charred. frostbite can be measured in a similar way.

Well I had 1st degree burns this morning, from the cold.

Now, I get 2nd degree from firebottles.

I work in a galvanizing plant and have many scars from hot zinc splashes, molten zinc is 465 degrees and thats hot, it melts your skin in seconds, running it under a cold water tap was the best thing you could do, now it has blistered leave it alone, there is a cooling gel you can get for burns thats excellent, the most important thing is NOT to cover it up, let it breath, covering it up will cause it to weep and get infected so leave it to air, keep the wound away from heat as well as this will set it off again.

Lol, I'm certified by the Red Cross for First Aid, CPR, and Lifeguarding. I know frostbite. He may have had minor frostbite, but that's it.

Lol, I'm certified by the Red Cross for First Aid, CPR, and Lifeguarding. I know frostbite. He may have had minor frostbite, but that's it.

I'm not disagreeing with you, I can see from his swollen finger that it hasn't broke the skin so it should go down in time, I thought when he mentioned it earlier it had blistered and that it was open and oozing but now Ive seen the picture its just very swollen, never the less its still nasty:)

Back
Top Bottom