Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 06-12-2007, 12:55 PM   #1
Golden Master

Send a message via MSN to Kage
Default Sharing energy?

This maybe a really stupid subject to talk about but it interests me, even though it may not be real at all.

Yesterday I had a mate round, and we played Geometry Wars (this was the first time him seeing the game) anyhow, on my first go, I got to a million without dying and then started dying, and got to 1,187,000 beating my previous other mates score of 1,127,000.

I couldn't even get up to 1,000,000 on my own (usually around 800,000), neverlone without dying, and I've played countless times.

So heres the question. Do you think its possible to share other peoples energy somehow? Or was it just a coincidence?

it carried on while playing Guitar Hero 2. I was beating all my previous scores. Its weird.

I tried playing again today on my own, trying to get what I got then, and couldn't even get close.

Share any stories you may have, even if you think I'm a crack pot...

Old 06-12-2007, 01:44 PM   #2
Fully Optimized

Default Re: Sharing energy?

I think its the competition that kicks in when there are others around. Because you want to beat your buddies so you somehow do better I guess, but I don't think your sharing energy. I've never heard of geometry wars, but is it a team game or individual? If its a team game then you probably got higher because three brains are better than one.

Old 06-12-2007, 01:54 PM   #3
Daemon Poster

Send a message via AIM to THEpiGUY

Quote:
Originally Posted by hascet View Post
I think its the competition that kicks in when there are others around. Because you want to beat your buddies so you somehow do better I guess, but I don't think your sharing energy. I've never heard of geometry wars, but is it a team game or individual? If its a team game then you probably got higher because three brains are better than one.
Geometry Wars is a single-player arcade game for the 360 (Also found in PGR2 in the garage, but it's an old version). Really really tough, it's a basic shooter (almost like Asteroids) that has some nice effects and uses enemies in the shapes of variously colored squares, annoying circles, and more and more the further you progress. It doesn't use a whole lot of brain power, aside from awareness. If you have a 360 and are looking for a challenging arcade game, it's my suggestion.

Anyway, it is kinda weird, whenever I can't do something, my mom/dad are like "C'mon, you can ride a bike." I hop on and ride it flawlessly. "You can shuffle a deck of cards." I shuffle them perfectly. Kinda strange really, but I am led to believe it's all a coincidence. I do believe the poll is a bit extreme though , I don't really think you're a weirdo.

I think I've decided to leave... maybe I'll come back sometime.
THEpiGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 02:01 PM   #4
Golden Master

Send a message via MSN to mammikoura

I think you are a crack pot.
To be honest I don't believe in stuff like that, but then again it could be possible.
Old 06-12-2007, 02:04 PM   #5
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to Raffaz Send a message via MSN to Raffaz Send a message via Yahoo to Raffaz

Its all to do with having competition IMO, weirdo
Raffaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 02:14 PM   #6
Golden Master

Send a message via MSN to Kage

Haha,

Yeah, I'm not all for this weird happenings stuff, but it was pretty weird considering I'd never been able to do that before.

I actually find it easier to play that game while talking to people though, so that could have been something to do with it, because to play that game, and games like it, thinking slows you down.
Thinking about something else helps.
Old 06-12-2007, 02:32 PM   #7
Golden Master

I don't really believe it, but it's very possible.

I remember in biology we were talking about the SA Node (regulates your heartbeat, the natural pacemaker) and how that when scientists put some heart cells in a dish they would beat, but after a short period of time their beating would synchronize.