Serious punkbuster issues.

allanmunro

Solid State Member
Bit of a long shot here...but you just never know!!!!PLEASE GOD....

Got a problem with CoD4 and CoD5 where I keep getting punkbusterB error and kicked.
Have run pbsc.exe and also pbsetup to update. Both are ticked as excepted on the firewall settings.
Have run a check in the 'administrative tools' and 'services' section of the control panel and both are there. Punkbuster A noted as running, B is not.
Usually get about 15-20seconds of gameplay then kicked with 'Service Communication Failure : PnkBstrB.exe' problem.
If I go back to the 'service' area, B has disappeared. After getting kicked its almost like 'B' has deleted itself.
Really annoying.
Have recently run 'spybot' and virus scans so no issues there either.

Recently been getting 'PnkBstrB.exe driver failure (PnkBstrK.sys)ffab' error. Have no idea why.

Have started two trouble tickets with Evenbalance, both of which they have stopped responding to. You guys are my last hope, I think. I have tried everything they have asked.

Know what the mad thing is...was working fine until 5/6 weeks ago (yes thats how long I have been messed about by Evenbalance).

Running windows XP
Intel pentium 4-3GHz processor
3GB ram
Radeon X1950Pro graphics card-all drivers up-to-date.

I know most games now have punkbuster embedded in the install file like cod4 /cod5 does.. During the game installation it asks you " Do you want to install pc"?

I suggest you reinstall cod4/cod5 .. whatever one you play .. click no when prompted to install pb through the game. Once the game is installed, patch the game, then go to the punkbuster site to obtain pb for cod4/5

Give it a try.. no guarantee though.

yes.
have removed both games and fully re-installed with no luck...it's a real pain what with all the patches for CoD4 and all...

Sorry that didn't help you, i was going to recommend you post your issue at the punksbusted forums, but i see you already did that. Hopefully they can point you in the right direction.

Back
Top Bottom