Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 12-21-2009, 01:06 AM   #1
Golden Master
 
01001010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 7,888
Default Senate back in session; vote expected on health care bill

Quote:
(CNN) -- Senate Democrats braved the aftermath of a blizzard to continue their push to pass a sweeping health care bill before Christmas. Late Sunday night, the Senate went into a brief recess. The Senate resumed its legislative day at 12:01 a.m. ET Monday.
http://edition.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS...ote/index.html

For viewers in the United States, CNN Domestic is the only news network in the United States covering the story.

Edit: Both Fox News and MSNBC are joining in. Watch it.
__________________

__________________
Stop the genocide now.
↳ www.savedarfur.org

Send comments, suggestions and criticisms.
↳ 01001010listens@gmail.com
01001010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 07:53 AM   #2
Omnicide now.
 
foothead's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: My own personal hell
Posts: 10,014
Default Re: Senate back in session; vote expected on health care bill

I hope to God this doesn't pass. IMO the government seems to be far too inefficient to be able to manage something like healthcare. I would like it to work, but no... I know it will end up being a huge money pit with only ~20% of the funds actually making it to where they should.
__________________

foothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 10:22 AM   #3
Site Team
 
root's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 7,999
Default Re: Senate back in session; vote expected on health care bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/8423997.stm
The reform measure aims to extend health coverage to more than 30m people who currently lack health insurance.
total population of America currently stands at 300,000,000 (300 million).

strangely I never noticed how many people this affected.

when people are saying that this will only help 10% of the population, with the other 90% paying for it, they are neglecting to realise the amount of people this could actually help!

10% of the population is what, 5 states currently unable to get healthcare that would now be able to get healthcare.

10% of the population of America is roughly 50% of the UK population.
__________________
I didn’t fight my way to the top of the food chain to be a vegetarian…
Im sick of people saying 'dont waste paper'. If trees wanted to live, they'd all carry guns.
"The inherent vice of capitalism is the unequal sharing of blessings; The inherent vice of socialism is the equal sharing of miseries."
root is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 11:05 AM   #4
Golden Master
 
Rubber314Chicken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 5,574
Send a message via AIM to Rubber314Chicken
Default Re: Senate back in session; vote expected on health care bill

Its not gonna pass until next year. I guarantee it. Obama isn't signing without a public option, Congress won't put one in, and if they pass it now its a pocket veto and they'll have to start over. They are gonna perfect it as much as they can and vote next year.
__________________
AMD Athlon 64X2 4200+, 2 GB ram, 2 TB HDD, Ubuntu+SAMBA ♫ Lenovo T410, i5@ 2.4 GHz, 4 GB ram, 7
Rubber314Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 01:20 PM   #5
Fully Optimized
 
bullzi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: US
Posts: 3,283
Send a message via Yahoo to bullzi Send a message via Skype™ to bullzi
Default Re: Senate back in session; vote expected on health care bill

Certainly not excited about this.
__________________
-Desktop- Dual Monitor, Q8200 2.34Ghz, 8GB, 1TB, XFX 6850, 7 Ultimate
-ASUS UL50- SU7300, 4GB, 500GB, G210M, 7 Home Premium 64, XP Pro
-HP NC6400- Core Duo 1.86Ghz, 2.5GB, 64GB SSD, x1300, XP Pro
bullzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 02:00 PM   #6
Fully Optimized
 
63083's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,129
Default Re: Senate back in session; vote expected on health care bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullzi View Post
Certainly not excited about this.
You and me both.

Quote:
Originally Posted by foothead View Post
I hope to God this doesn't pass. IMO the government seems to be far too inefficient to be able to manage something like healthcare. I would like it to work, but no... I know it will end up being a huge money pit with only ~20% of the funds actually making it to where they should.
The government should legalize marijuana to counter the huge drain on our economy. Then they can make money off the marijuana sales.
__________________
XPEX Vortex 3620 Mid Tower, Rosewill 450 Watt PSU, MSI P6N SLI Platinum 650i, Intel Celeron D 356, 2GB G.SKILL DDR2 800, Western Digital 40GB, (2) EVGA 7950GT 256MB Video Cards in SLI, HP DVD Multi-Burner, Windows XP.
63083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 03:30 PM   #7
Fully Optimized
 
Grantofhell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 3,762
Default Re: Senate back in session; vote expected on health care bill

Haven't we had this discussion? If it's legalized, closet growing will pick back up and the government can't tax that. There is simply no effective way to tax closet growers.
__________________
RD-PC -//- i7 950 // Evga x58 SLI // 3x2 OCZ PC3-12800 // 2x Evga GTX470 // Corsair HX850 // SilverStone TJ07
Grantofhell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 05:13 PM   #8
Fully Optimized
 
dude_56013's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 4,262
Default Re: Senate back in session; vote expected on health care bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by root View Post
total population of America currently stands at 300,000,000 (300 million).

strangely I never noticed how many people this affected.

when people are saying that this will only help 10% of the population, with the other 90% paying for it, they are neglecting to realise the amount of people this could actually help!

10% of the population is what, 5 states currently unable to get healthcare that would now be able to get healthcare.

10% of the population of America is roughly 50% of the UK population.
Thank God. Someone else who realizes that not everything is about themselves. I for one would be happy to pay a little extra to make sure that everyone in this country is getting what they deserve. God this country has gone down the shit hole. I'm so sick of all this "everything for me Me ME ME ME" BS. It's getting old and it really pisses me off. No one does anything to help each other out anymore. If we do, it's publicly recognized so people see the people who are helping--that's not the point of serving others. Bah. I just don't even want to talk about it. We complain about so much shit in this country it's ridiculous. I have to deal with my dad watching CNN and MSNBC all day long bitching about it all. FFS, get over yourselves. See the world through the eyes of the people who don't have a food, a home, or frickin' healthcare.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grantofhell View Post
Haven't we had this discussion? If it's legalized, closet growing will pick back up and the government can't tax that. There is simply no effective way to tax closet growers.
And don't let anyone tell you that "no one makes their own booze", because making booze is a lot more time consuming than growing a damn plant. Good rationale, Grant. If it was able to be all taxed, it would be a superb idea, but you are correct in the above assertion.
dude_56013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 06:38 PM   #9
Fully Optimized
 
cboucher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 1,652
Default Re: Senate back in session; vote expected on health care bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grantofhell View Post
Haven't we had this discussion? If it's legalized, closet growing will pick back up and the government can't tax that. There is simply no effective way to tax closet growers.
Sure there is, the same way they figured out how to tax alcohol and tobacco. I don't think closet growing will just pick back up, I think it'll go pro...
__________________
But I'm trying, Ringo. I'm trying real hard... to be the Shepherd.
cboucher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 07:37 PM   #10
Fully Optimized
 
63083's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,129
Default Re: Senate back in session; vote expected on health care bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by cboucher View Post
Sure there is, the same way they figured out how to tax alcohol and tobacco. I don't think closet growing will just pick back up, I think it'll go pro...
Exactly my point. If growing and selling marijuana is legalized, people won't be forced to sell to and between gangs. They will grow professionally and not have to worry about sanctions or getting caught and punished by the government. The entire national debt created by Obama could be eliminated in just his term alone. Think about it. A booming economy, brand new markets, reducing the tension between governments, everything. think of it.
__________________

__________________
XPEX Vortex 3620 Mid Tower, Rosewill 450 Watt PSU, MSI P6N SLI Platinum 650i, Intel Celeron D 356, 2GB G.SKILL DDR2 800, Western Digital 40GB, (2) EVGA 7950GT 256MB Video Cards in SLI, HP DVD Multi-Burner, Windows XP.
63083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:37 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0