Selling my Raspberry Pi gaming console

To add the emulators and the roms but then I'll need to move to a bigger SDcard.

Well, they finally responded and sent me a link to my download. They claimed that their "automatic" system wasn't working. Yeah right, I sicced the federal dogs after them and got results.

they could've responded to my queries and thing's would've be cool.

I still don't get why you need to code.

I don't think that the authorities contacted them, because that business is pretty illegal, so if they did they would have shut them down immediately.

Really? There's a lot of etailers selling game consoles loaded with games. I guess they get shut down too hey?

I guess. Especially it's the engines that run the games. For example for the PS1 you are supposed to get the BIOS from your own console (I'm not sure how). I guess the same applies to most consoles, unless someone reverse engineered the BIOSes themselves. See the warning here: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Gaming#Emulators

I'm not sure what the role of the BIOS is. Maybe it's the OS?

Anyways, they probably got scared for that reason.

It's the PS2 that you have to download the bios from the console, and iirc it's done through the usb port...

and usually, the people selling consoles loaded with games have licensing agreements or bought the distribution rights for cheap because they're super old games. If you don't have the licenses or distro rights, it's illegal... not criminal, since copyright violations are civil violations, but still illegal in the USA.

Disclosure: I AM NOT A LAWYER >.>

Here's where the legality comes from:

It's legal to download/receive roms if you have the original. If you buy a console with 500 games you have to have 500 original games.

See how ridiculous that is?

Back
Top Bottom